2024 Raptor R High Idle At Start Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 24 ecoboost does the same. Had a 17,19 and 21 and they never idled as high (1,300rpm)and for as long. Probably something to do with heating up the Cats.

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same cold start shaking and vibration here. As mentioned earlier, almost sounds/seems like it's got a misfire. I was told by my dealer "it's normal".

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine does a fast idle around 1500rpm's for 15 seconds then goes down to around 8000 for another 20 seconds.
Seems to be the most common feedback. Some (me included) report a mile vibration at 1500 and then good after that.....some are saying that this is normal per Ford.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also hear an occasional backfire or pop when decelerating.
Me 2 and more so if in Sport of Baja exhaust mode. Very faint so was not sure if real or pumped in sound. In case the R's have pumped in sound, I turned it off with FORScan....still have the little faint pops/backfire.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also hear an occasional backfire or pop when decelerating.
I hate to be the crusher here, but I question how many of you had performance cars (or cars in general for those concerned about high idle upon startup lol) before purchasing this truck.

Every single high compression, high hp engine, I've ever had has had backfires and burbles off throttle. Should have been around my cammed LS3, it sounded like M80s going off with a BTR Stage 4 cam.

My GT350 burbles and pops all the time off throttle coasting, especially in lower gears.