Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the sound go away when transmission is put into D or R or just when fans kick on an place load on the engine etc.
Since the fans are electric and and the sound goes away when they kick on, I would be looking at the front accessory drive as well. Weird that the noise is coming from the back of the engine.

J1186

Reaction score
Any update on this? I just bought a 2014 with 170k miles and 1 week ago my truck has developed this same exact tapping noise on the top of the engine, driver's side, by the firewall. My engine also runs like a champ, and throws no codes.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any update on this? I just bought a 2014 with 170k miles and 1 week ago my truck has developed this same exact tapping noise on the top of the engine, driver's side, by the firewall. My engine also runs like a champ, and throws no codes.
What is the chance this is the same truck? OP was from Kingsport TN. and you are from Chattanooga TN.
Lets get a pic of this truck. The OP never posted one. He was a one post wonder.
@Johnredcornxl

OP
OP
J

Johnredcornxl

Reaction score
The flex plate was cracked around the bolt holes.