Winch option on our bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What we can't tell from the pic (above) of the bumper is how the winch is mounted to the Raptor. It's got to be mounted to the frame, right?

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually Dan you can...

winch.jpg

once you flip the picture over the bumper is right side up and the winch plate and mounting holes become obvious...

I would go with a hawse fairlead that roller one is going to get destroyed pretty quick.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude loo at my picture... the winch mounts behind the bumper in the four holes I circled. You cannot see it when the bumper is on the truck.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does that bumper's winch mounting points compare to other winch mounting point installations? The Raptor is a heavy vehicle and a winch must be quite powerful to be effective and it therefore must be well and safely secured to the truck.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well this bumper is being held onto the truck by hardware wit something like an order of magnitude more strength than winch will get bolted to the bumper.

In my estimation the first thing to fail would be the winch cable.

The only proviso that I would give is that I would not be 100% happy with the way the winch plate mounts to the round tubes. If I were designing it I would simply have used a winch plate that mounted to the OE tow hook locations, then design two skid plates one with the cutout and one without. Doing that would eliminate one whole bumper design; if you want to upgrade from the standard bumper to the winch one, you just need to order the cutout skidplate, and the winch plate.

But hey I am neither an engineer or the purveyors of a nationally known offroad shop.

OP
OP
Addictive Desert Designs
Reaction score
Hey Guy's, Sorry for the delay.
We have not posted pics of the bumper completed with all the winch gussets and mounts. The pics you see are simply to give an idea that we do make a winch option. I now see that, that has been confussing for some. The reason we haven't shown the complete winch bumper is because we have had a big problem with others..... Stealing our designs and r&d and aren't wanting to give it away anymore.
If you are interested in the bumper and would like to see all the pics and get all the info, please pm me and I will get that to you.
Sorry for the trouble, but like I've said in other post, Many shops are playing catch up on Raptor products and instead of putting in the work, they are taking ours.

tigercrazy718

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy's, Sorry for the delay.
We have not posted pics of the bumper completed with all the winch gussets and mounts. The pics you see are simply to give an idea that we do make a winch option. I now see that, that has been confussing for some. The reason we haven't shown the complete winch bumper is because we have had a big problem with others..... Stealing our designs and r&d and aren't wanting to give it away anymore.
If you are interested in the bumper and would like to see all the pics and get all the info, please pm me and I will get that to you.
Sorry for the trouble, but like I've said in other post, Many shops are playing catch up on Raptor products and instead of putting in the work, they are taking ours.

man that sucks
bummer that yalls hard work at getting ahead isnt paying off as much as it should

zaherachour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some ppl are too selfish my friend.welcome to this cruel world where no justice is found, even from ur own brother.

Frogslinger, I saw the pic and i see where the winch is mounted, but I wanna know if ADD can do a style with rigid lights instead of the normal one. On the bars and also an Olso on the side. I need to cover more ground.:)

OP
OP
Addictive Desert Designs
Reaction score
We do make a rigid set up and highly recomend rigid over vision x. Rigid is better quality and made in the USA. The guy's from Rigid are really cool and super hard working. We have a few Raptor projects that will be at, the off road expo and sema with Rigid. Check our sept package deal, or hit me up for prices for them as an individual piece. We will build you whatever you want.