What fog lights have the amber backlight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
*puzzled look*

It's an example as I said of what the back-lighting looks like on the lights...

And yes, Diode Dynamics are FAR SUPERIOR to the radiance as the radiance don't have a great pattern. The radiance lights are NOT fog lights and cannot be used on public roads as they scatter light all over. Diode Dynamics has SAE rated lights which have a street legal pattern for on-road use. Not only that but the radiance lights just give you 3 bare wires so you have to put connectors on, not ideal, whereas the Diode Dynamics lights have a standard DT plug.

With Diode Dynamics offering back-lighting now... radiance are being phased out. No reason to get radiance anymore especially since you can get pair of SS3 Sports for basically the same price as Radiance pods. And the Diode Dynamics are assembled in the USA! WIN WIN!
Again, there are strengths and weaknesses to both. Period.
Rigid has a 10-year warranty on their Radiance line and a lifetime warranty on most all other lighting. Diode has an 8-year limited warranty on their Stage Series and Elite Series and a 3-year replacement warranty on everything else.
Diode backlights have a cooler tone to them than the Radiance backlights, which doesn't match the parking/marker lights as well on the Raptor specifically. However, their backlights do tend to be a bit brighter. Some people want brighter backlights, some don't.
Diode lights have a much larger casing on them than the Rigid lights do, which is perfectly fine in the larger pocket of the Gen 2 Raptor, but is limiting in the smaller pockets of the Bronco, which is why the setup in your picture shows the Bronco with two different sized lights. Three full-size Rigid lights can fit there, but not three full-size Diode lights.

We sell both manufacturers' lighting and we appreciate what they both can offer, as well as being honest about where their shortcomings may be, too. That's why I said it is situational. Again, just trying to be transparent for anyone and everyone who may come here looking for answers to their questions and for use when weighing their options.
It's just a slippery slope to start calling one company out as being "far superior" when the fact is there are real differences that should be weighed accordingly.

And for the record, Rigid lights are also designed and engineered in the USA.

That's all I was trying to say. It's not a sales pitch I'm giving here. It's just information. Take that as you will.

Have a great day!

Sidney @ SPV Parts

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Again, there are strengths and weaknesses to both. Period.
Rigid has a 10-year warranty on their Radiance line and a lifetime warranty on most all other lighting. Diode has an 8-year limited warranty on their Stage Series and Elite Series and a 3-year replacement warranty on everything else.
Diode backlights have a cooler tone to them than the Radiance backlights, which doesn't match the parking/marker lights as well on the Raptor specifically. However, their backlights do tend to be a bit brighter. Some people want brighter backlights, some don't.
Diode lights have a much larger casing on them than the Rigid lights do, which is perfectly fine in the larger pocket of the Gen 2 Raptor, but is limiting in the smaller pockets of the Bronco, which is why the setup in your picture shows the Bronco with two different sized lights. Three full-size Rigid lights can fit there, but not three full-size Diode lights.

We sell both manufacturers' lighting and we appreciate what they both can offer, as well as being honest about where their shortcomings may be, too. That's why I said it is situational. Again, just trying to be transparent for anyone and everyone who may come here looking for answers to their questions and for use when weighing their options.
It's just a slippery slope to start calling one company out as being "far superior" when the fact is there are real differences that should be weighed accordingly.

And for the record, Rigid lights are also designed and engineered in the USA.

That's all I was trying to say. It's not a sales pitch I'm giving here. It's just information. Take that as you will.

Have a great day!

Sidney @ SPV Parts

Not sure why you keep harping on a photo of the bronco setup... this is a Raptor page. I posted the photo to demonstrate the back-lighting of the Diode Dynamics lights. So again... *scratching head*

It's my belief Diode Dynamics lights are far superior over the Radiance. We almost never sell Radiance anymore because you get more light with back-lighting in more optics from Diode Dynamics. And they assemble them in the USA which is great (they can't say "made in the USA" since some components are not made here). But the fact Diode Dynamics assembles them, prints the boards, etc... is fantastic. They have machines that put the circuit boards together right here in the USA and the price, for an "american made" product... can't beat that man! Very competitively priced for a LOT of light with fantastic optic choices AND back-lighting.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, Everybody!

Just wanted to put this tidbit of info out there. I have spoken to John today about this question coming up so often about the amber backlighting. Therefore, we have decided that one of the next FAQ by SPV video segments that we film will be solely about comparing and contrasting all the similarities and differences between each brand's version of these backlights.
We will be sure to include showing the brightness, warm/cool tone, and pattern availability in the three major manufacturers we sell with amber backlights. This would be Baja (LP Series), Rigid (Radiance Series & 360 Series), and Diode Dynamics (Stage Series).

Again, this will be filmed, edited, and released in the coming weeks. So, stay tuned!

Is there anything specific any of you would like addressed in this video?

I just wanted to open this up to a discussion so I can field any of these requests and be sure we cover as much as possible without leaving any gaps in the information. Hopefully this will help to erase any of the opinion-based information out there, so everyone can make their purchases based on the facts and be happy with the outcomes of their purchases. That is, after all, our main goal--->customer satisfaction.

Anyway, please let me know if you have any questions/comments/requests. I'm available by call or text at the number below, or you can message me here. I am always happy to help in any way possible.

Enjoy the rest of your day, everybody!

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja Design also have amber back lighting.

@Baja Designs

Actually Baja Designs doesn’t for S1, S2, Squadron and XL

Only the LP series feature an amber back light but he’s looking for fogs

Diode Dynamics would be his best bet for the amber back lighting and useable fog lights so he doesn’t blind other drivers and can benefit from the amber back light for ambiance and a nice street legal fog

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Actually Baja Designs doesn’t for S1, S2, Squadron and XL

Only the LP series feature an amber back light but he’s looking for fogs

Diode Dynamics would be his best bet for the amber back lighting and useable fog lights so he doesn’t blind other drivers and can benefit from the amber back light for ambiance and a nice street legal fog

Baja Design made that clear in post 5.

Hey,

we do have some models with amber back light which would be our Lp pro series and s8 series. They aren’t usually used as fog light do to the amount of lumens they put out. We do make fog pocket replacements for the raptor, but they do not have amber back light.
Feel free to let me know if you guys have any questions.
Best,
Brahian

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input and knowledge.

I agree with Specialty Performance Parts that Rigid makes great lights (having run them myself in the past). I really like the size of the D-series and the amber backlight appearance of the Radiance series too.

I also agree with 4x4 Truck LEDs, that the flood beam pattern of the Radiance series lights is useless for my needs. I won't use them on the road as I don't want to intentionally blind other drivers with an unfocused beam of any brightness. Additionally in real fog, A Radiance series light would be the exactly what you wouldn't want due the beam pattern. That being said, the Radiance scene series would probably be awesome when driving on off-road trails.

Great information all around. It's a tough choice that I'm still working on. For my needs think I've narrowed it down to either:
1) Rigid Triple Fog Light Kit with PRO SAE Fog, Driving, and Spot (knowing I loose the backlight idea).
2) Diode Dynamics SS3 with Pro editions of Spot, SAE Driving, and SAE Fog (with backlight)
3) Diode Dynamics SSC2 Pro replacement in SAE Fog and SAE Driving (with backlight)

I guess now I just have to decide which to buy!

Thanks!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I agree with Specialty Performance Parts that Rigid makes great lights (having run them myself in the past). I really like the size of the D-series and the amber backlight appearance of the Radiance series too.

I also agree with 4x4 Truck LEDs, that the flood beam pattern of the Radiance series lights is useless for my needs. I won't use them on the road as I don't want to intentionally blind other drivers with an unfocused beam of any brightness. Additionally in real fog, A Radiance series light would be the exactly what you wouldn't want due the beam pattern. That being said, the Radiance scene series would probably be awesome when driving on off-road trails.

Great information all around. It's a tough choice that I'm still working on. For my needs think I've narrowed it down to either:
1) Rigid Triple Fog Light Kit with PRO SAE Fog, Driving, and Spot (knowing I loose the backlight idea).
2) Diode Dynamics SS3 with Pro editions of Spot, SAE Driving, and SAE Fog (with backlight)
3) Diode Dynamics SSC2 Pro replacement in SAE Fog and SAE Driving (with backlight)

Thanks!

I would avoid the Rigid lights... you can get MORE light for LESS $$ with Diode Dynamics (not exactly apples to apples but in the long run). PLUS you can get the amber back-light you want as well. So it's a WIN WIN. Get the patterns you want for ON ROAD and OFF ROAD use AND get amber back-lighting.

BUT if you have your heart set on Rigid who am I to get in the way, as we DO offer the Rigid lights. But honestly nobody seems to buy those anymore. They buy Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics because of quality/output/price.

Our Rigid Kit is here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-2020-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-rigid-industries-d-series/

Starts $ 799

The Diode Dynamics Kits are here and start at $729: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-2...og-light-kit-w-diode-dynamics-stage-series-3/

But don't forget use coupon code FOGS to save even more. For the price/output power/features... can't go wrong with Diode Dynamics.

Baja Designs is my go to for Raptors due to just quality... they make the best lights. But when it comes down to output power and price... Diode Dynamics since their Max are insanely bright.

For comparison Rigid SAE Fogs put out 3445 raw lumen compared to Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro which do 5,796 raw lumen (the sports do 2,262 raw lumen)

Rigid D-Series Do 3,168 raw lumen and again SS3 Pro are 5,796 raw lumen or 2,262 raw lumen for Sports.

So a Rigid kit w/SAE and the other 2x D-Series would be $864 retail and the Diode Dynamics with SS3 Pro around would be $1,149 retail so yes there IS a jump in price but you also get that back-lighting AND you get more light now as well.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks!
If you decide to go with the Rigid Pro Kit, we do have a limited time savings offer that will save you 50% or more on the kit. This makes this kit cheaper than ANY other kit. Cheaper than ANY Diode Kit you can get ANYWHERE else, as well. It starts at $599, depending on what year your Raptor is and which harness and SAE option you choose. Here is the link to that kit:

If you don't decide to go with Rigid, no worries at all. We still carry any-and-all Diode lights, too. We can even build you a custom kit with our patented plug-and-play harness system with any of these lights, so if you don't see the combo you are wanting, just let me know. I am happy to go through all the options with you on a call and build it however you would like.
We also have detailed instructions and video walkthroughs to guide you through your install, as well as making ourselves available for your calls if you happened to run into any snags along the way.
We are always happy to help in any way possible, so please don't hesitate to ask anything.

You can reach me directly by call or text at (317) 934-6778, and you can reach John directly by call or text at (317) 796-8472.
We both would love assist you with this in any way we can.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts