What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been having occasional weirdness with my RH steering wheel switch for a few months, sometimes instead of increasing volume it would skip to the next track, and then instead of skipping back to that song it would skip ahead even more (not cool bro) so I ordered a new SW-6879 from Rockauto and I figured it would be the perfect time to get paddle shifters from Frostbite Fabrication.
IMG_6775.JPG
I got the Version 2 in anodized blue (obviously heh). Took me about 4-5 hours at a leisurely pace, the youtube videos were very helpful and for the most part spot on. I'll post some details in the thread linked above, it would have taken less time but I smashed a wire and had to find it. Here's an ultimate theft deterrent pic along the way :cool:

IMG_6782.JPG
They work PERFECTLY! And for those of you that are super particular about the color, I'd say (with my Windoz 3.11 eyes that only register 16 colors) that the blue matches the factory Ford blue exactly (the horrendous lighting of my equally horrendous picture skills aside):
IMG_6789.JPG
Very happy with the result, many thanks to @KrautKabbage for building and selling the kits!

The radio switch wasn't too bad, the Ford manual is next to useless describing the procedure but if you ever have to do it, there's no screws holding it there, just the gooshy steering wheel material so once the connector is undone you pretty much just pry the little bastard out, and not-so-gently wriggle the new one in.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Well, had what sounded like rear end bearing noise, but it oscillated which threw me off. Looked at rotors and they looked fine and let it go for a few days. Checked today and a nice deep groove in the rotor. Glad it’s not a failing rear diff and just trash brakes lol. Metal on metal is the best stopping power of course

Attachments

• IMG_3967.jpeg
    IMG_3967.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 21

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been having occasional weirdness with my RH steering wheel switch for a few months, sometimes instead of increasing volume it would skip to the next track, and then instead of skipping back to that song it would skip ahead even more (not cool bro) so I ordered a new SW-6879 from Rockauto and I figured it would be the perfect time to get paddle shifters from Frostbite Fabrication.
View attachment 447274
I got the Version 2 in anodized blue (obviously heh). Took me about 4-5 hours at a leisurely pace, the youtube videos were very helpful and for the most part spot on. I'll post some details in the thread linked above, it would have taken less time but I smashed a wire and had to find it. Here's an ultimate theft deterrent pic along the way :cool:

View attachment 447275
They work PERFECTLY! And for those of you that are super particular about the color, I'd say (with my Windoz 3.11 eyes that only register 16 colors) that the blue matches the factory Ford blue exactly (the horrendous lighting of my equally horrendous picture skills aside):
View attachment 447276
Very happy with the result, many thanks to @KrautKabbage for building and selling the kits!

The radio switch wasn't too bad, the Ford manual is next to useless describing the procedure but if you ever have to do it, there's no screws holding it there, just the gooshy steering wheel material so once the connector is undone you pretty much just pry the little bastard out, and not-so-gently wriggle the new one in.
i did something similiar today. tirina fell getting into the truck a couple months ago and broke off her turn signal stalk when she tried to put her hand on the steering wheel to brace herself. had to replace it todayIMG20240310173931.jpgIMG20240310175518.jpg

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score