Upgrading the TWINS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Wow, how did I miss this thread!

Great write up!

Ethanol is tough in. Old weather. I’m thinking we can get it starting much in extreme (to me being a New Mexico native :) cold

Thanks for the contribution with all of this information!
you have a dyno to play on? I'm relocating and will be much much closer to new mexico in the very near future. I'm looking for someplace to bring my truck for in person tuning. I'm not keen on dragging the truck all the way to florida once i head west.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I do have a dyno!
we should talk once i get to AZ. I need to put a couple hundred more miles on the break-in tune/fluids and get my gears swapped to 5.13s before its ready to tune it for all the sauce. I'll bring some extra straps so it doesn't wheelie off the dyno.

pretty sure that im going to need to link the truck next. Its gonna eat leaf springs.

OP
OP
G

Graybeard

Reaction score
Wow, how did I miss this thread!

Great write up!

Ethanol is tough in. Old weather. I’m thinking we can get it starting much in extreme (to me being a New Mexico native :) cold

Thanks for the contribution with all of this information!
Ha! You have been a great help Winfield. Yes, cold weather can be a real challenge with ethanol. At least we have that 15% gasoline to help it start! Weather up north is unpredictable, but we usually have a few weeks well below 0F each year.

In a prior life I spent a lot of time at -30 doing cold start strategy. It's very difficult for everything at those temps, let alone alcohol. And massive amounts of data acquisition are often needed to get it right.

OP
OP
G

Graybeard

Reaction score
for the folks asking, I'm expecting to be around 750 whp ( maybe a little more) on what RMB is marketing as the 750x package. ( i was the guinea pig). I'm still on a 15 psi max breakin tune, but I am confident that I'll be at 750 on 93 and a healthy bit north of that on e98 ignite. my motor is built to hold 1250 at the crank. I wanted to stay stock location for the turbos, so ill run out of turbo before i run out of motor. ( I went full boat on the motor and trans build.)

I also went for a full built transmission and a billet torque convertor.
Man, I like the look of those RMB blocks. . Would love to see photos of your build. Anything special in the heads?

What sort of boost are you planning to run with 93 to reach 750 whp? What turbos are you running these days?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To read 750whp is staggering for me.

Imagine if I still have transmission issues in 5th gear and then I'm trying to apply all 750 horses? My gears would be absolutely thrown out of the transmission.

What I am saying is, sure 750whp - but how does one beef up the ancillary items?

Ancillary items: Braking, cooling, differential, linkages in the suspension and everything else that moves under load.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score

Imagine if I still have transmission issues in 5th gear and then I'm trying to apply all 750 horses? My gears would be absolutely thrown out of the transmission.

What I am saying is, sure 750whp - but how does one beef up the ancillary items?

Ancillary items: Braking, cooling, differential, linkages in the suspension and everything else that moves under load.
With lots of money, sorry I couldn't help myself.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

with alcon brakes, full race radiator, trans cooler and CAC, a full suspension kit and traction bars, a currie f9 with 10" rem polished gears and 300m shafts, a fully built transmission ( for 2500hp), and a billet torque convertor with larger trans coolers.

i'm running the powermax turbos. they'll be turnt up to maximum boogie.

i also have no more liners and run a one piece front end. yes, the turbos are toastier, but i did all the braided oil and coiling lines too.