The "I am not very good at coming up with truck names" build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the build up so far, I finally did UCA's I picked up from the forum and I am getting the lowers locked out at the end of the month but I can not recommend the stage 2 whipple enough as far as power adders are concerned. I haven't run into any reliability issues or anything like that and I just keep an extra serpentine belt in the truck with an extra tensioner.
Appreciate it!

Yea, the main reason I went with the UCA’s was when I got the lowers locked out.

I definitely am not turning my nose up at the whipple, it is strongly in the running and my wife’s preference. I just have always liked prochargers since back when I had a mustang. I wanted to procharger it pretty bad, but was a college kid lol, sold it for a truck. Miss that car.

As far as just in case, I had a tensioner pulley go out on me on the trip back from the florida run. Was loud but still spinning when we pulled in the house. Definitely carrying extra parts and belts with me now.

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good Jake! I'm going to have to do like you and start a thread for my truck - maybe after Moab as I've got some (possible) interesting plans for it over this winter.

OP
OP
J

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking good Jake! I'm going to have to do like you and start a thread for my truck - maybe after Moab as I've got some (possible) interesting plans for it over this winter.
Thank you sir.

Go for it! These are some of my favorite threads to follow.

If you are going to tease something like that, then you definitely need to do the thread

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir.

Go for it! These are some of my favorite threads to follow.

If you are going to tease something like that, then you definitely need to do the thread
Will definitely see what I can do! The big plans all depend on the price of steel after I recover from Moab of course!

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great build thread, looking forward to your progress. However I would like to chime in and say that no matter what you come up with, do NOT go with the name “Blue Falcon”! Nobody likes a Bravo Foxtrot, especially military. LOL!

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frame cut front bumper
  • Connected lower control arm pockets with a tube that the skid plate tubes tie into
View attachment 348637

Glad to finally see some more photos of and read some details about your truck!

You think you could post some more photos of the area tieing the pockets together? I've always hated how the lower mounts of my bumper attach to an 1/8" aluminum skidplate and would like to cook up something similar to what you have done.

OP
OP
J

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to finally see some more photos of and read some details about your truck!

You think you could post some more photos of the area tieing the pockets together? I've always hated how the lower mounts of my bumper attach to an 1/8" aluminum skidplate and would like to cook up something similar to what you have done.
Yea, I’ll grab some photos this afternoon.