Suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chartguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would still only tow 6500 lbs so whats the point? Just put a good standard trans in the F-150 Raptor.

The problem is simple. To certify an engine and transmission combination for EPA is very expensive. Ford has not certified any manual transmissions with engines in half-ton pickups. The standards are lower for heavy trucks, so they have done it with the ¾-ton trucks. So, a ¾-ton Raptor could have a stick without having to certify a new engine/transmission (and all the expense of doing that for Ford).

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Raptor Bronco better be way ahead of this on Ford's to do list.

As someone who still drives a '94 Bronco (5.0L 5sp stick), I would LOVE this, but Ford does not currently have a manual transmission/engine combo certified for half-ton use. They DO have them certified for heavy trucks like the ¾-ton. In other words, this is something that would not be very expensive for Ford/SVT to do. A Bronco would be prohibitive, as would certifying a stick for half-ton pickups.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Manual transmissions are not available on any current Ford truck. Not even the 3/4 - 1 tons. If you want a manual in a truck that size, Dodge is your only option.

Dang! That's a change with the 2012. Sticks were available on the 2011 F250.

Here's how ironic this is: Back in 1980, I bought a K5 Blazer with a 350 and stick. In 1984, I wanted another, but Chevy no longer offered the stick. Ford sold me my first Bronco with a 351. Over the years, I bought five Broncos, all with sticks. In other words, it was the availability of the stick that convinced me to buy a Ford.

I have a '98 Ram 2500 (automatic). It's OK, but I would not buy another Dodge.