Stealth Black Raptor R initial thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been seriously considering trading into an R, and have been wanting to hear about real world MPG. Not for any real reason, though just to know. I can routinely nail 600+DTE on my V6TT truck and it's my daily driver and family hauler.

I'm retired and don't go anywhere but to school and shopping, all within a small locale. My wife has a V8TT Hybrid and it kills me that she has more power and speed than I do!

I feel that her getting 800+ to a tank thanks to the hybrid and full-electric range would offset my requirements of using more fuel...

I'm watching the used market, as that's where I usually shop because it's easier. I bet it gets better once '24s are more plentiful. We'll see!

I probably truly don't need one, as the @GooseTuned V6TT + TCM tune is seriously all I "need", but hey - who knows.

Appreciate the info in this and other threads!

nd3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been seriously considering trading into an R, and have been wanting to hear about real world MPG.

Appreciate the info in this and other threads!
Well.. It really sucks in real life! LOL.. I stopped looking at it but walked outside to check just for you.. It's showing 10.1MPG.. This is driving very similar to what you describe. My office is just a few miles from the house so I don't have to drive a whole bunch.. On the highway, I can get about 13ish I think.
The smiles per gallon is what you have to measure by.. :cool:

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. It really sucks in real life! LOL.. I stopped looking at it but walked outside to check just for you.. It's showing 10.1MPG.. This is driving very similar to what you describe. My office is just a few miles from the house so I don't have to drive a whole bunch.. On the highway, I can get about 13ish I think.
very close to what i get in my lightning lol, kenne bell sucks that stuff up.

Back to the op tho

i dont like the stealth, makes the paint look cheap imo, id say just my two cents but being a peasant gen dos owner times are tough.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting around 10 also. And as far as the power difference in the R compared to the 3.5 EB. I have not driven an EB that even comes close. No, I have not driven one with upgraded turbos and such, but quite a few with different tunes and mods. Not in the same category. Just my 02.

Sam

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score

very close to what i get in my lightning lol, kenne bell sucks that stuff up.

Getting around 10 also. And as far as the power difference in the R compared to the 3.5 EB. I have not driven an EB that even comes close. No, I have not driven one with upgraded turbos and such, but quite a few with different tunes and mods. Not in the same category. Just my 02.

If its not very windy, I get 16 Hwy in the R.
Appreciate you all. Not trying to derail the thread or anything - just curious. I average 14.4mpg no matter where I go or how I drive. The smiles per gallon are relative since we have other vehicles that provide many more than what I need to be driving every day, but true - that's how I think as well. Again, thanks for the input!

OP
OP
R

Rezttu

Reaction score
I have 17k miles now and I average about 10.1 mpg. 37x13.5 tires. I’ve just gotten used to getting 350 miles a tank.