Smoke on Startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I bought a 2dr Bronco, my 20 Raptor has been able to rest a little. I recently noticed bluish gray smoke when I start up the Raptor after it sits overnight. Only lasts for about 5 seconds then turns to vapor. Guessing it might be valve leak down, or oil seeping into the turbo. Like I said, it only lasts for a few seconds. Anyone else experience this? Only 36K on the ODO.

Last edited:

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why this is on a Gen 3 Raptor forum thread and not a specific Bronco6g forum?

Take it to a dealer. I don't want to sound unhelpful, but this seems very random and almost spam-ish.

OP
OP
FDHog

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I wasn't clear. The Raptor is the one that has the problem. Not the Bronco.
Trying to find out if anyone else experienced this so I have some ammo going to the dealer.

Last edited:

BrandonDIS

Reaction score
My car doesn't have this situation yet. Is it because the weather is too cold and the engine needs to be warmed up

MNLeadfoot

Reaction score
I have heard of a few gen 2s doing this. Mine did it if I really got after it offroad, then let it idle for a while.

OP
OP
FDHog

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been reading up on it and could possibly be a turbo oil leak. Will keep an eye on it and talk to the dealer. 36K on the clock so I'm good.