Screw build mx style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MXrider38

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I finally had a chance to install my super duty headquarters abs guards and brake lines. Before I get to the pics and install notes I think might help, I must say the lines firm the brakes up nicely. The lines are top notch as you would come to expect from sdhq. BIG thanks to Ryan for hooking me up with a sweet deal.

So here are the abs guards. Basically I took a pic of the bolt you need to remove to install them. I left it partially unscrewed to help identify it. Then I posted a pic of the guard installed.

Left front:
IMG_0869.jpg
IMG_0870.jpg

Right Front:
IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

Left/Right Rear (both are same):
IMG_0876.jpg
IMG_0877.jpg

The first picture for the brake lines is the right rear bracket. I found that if you used the stock location hole the stock line would not be the right length. What I did rather than trying to stretch the stock metal line, I used a bolt and nut in the oblonged(spelling?) hole next to the thread oem location as you will see in the pic.
IMG_0884.jpg

Now you will see the right rear full view
IMG_0883.jpg

Left rear
IMG_0882.jpg

This is the left front with the supplied clamp.
IMG_0881.jpg
IMG_0880.jpg

Right front

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

As a side note. I took the time to bleed each line out after installation to lessen chances of getting air all through the system. It may not have been necessary. It did take a little bit of time to get it bled out, but the results are well worth it.

Last edited:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Where've you been bro? I thought maybe you drove your Rap off a cliff or something....

I got the same brake lines in recently, turns out the stock brake lines are too short for the Deavers and that's not good when you're airborne. I'm gonna install them soon.... Your pics and write-up are helpful.

Don't be a stranger, or we'll send Birdman to your house in a negligé

OP
OP
MXrider38

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been crazy busy at work. The little spare time I have spent playing with this, and getting my beer drinking ass back in race shape.
IMG_0824.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right on!! Well at least you've got a good excuse. Looks like fun, have you already made your racing comeback??

OP
OP
MXrider38

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Unfortunately I blew the radiator in it and have been waiting for a new one for a few weeks. It's an oversized radiator and it has a ton of motorwork so i couldn't just throw a stock one back on.

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at your pics again.... I'm surprised you still have your front swaybar on the Rap. ....aren't you gonna yank it?

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hadn't really thought about it. You think it will really help much? I spend more time on the road than off.

Swaybars are for Street Queens.

Makes a huge difference, the front suspension operates much more independently. I convinced Raptizzle to ditch his last week and he's been singing me praises ever since.

Just try it, takes 3 minutes to pop it off, and is easily re-installed.

You can thank me later. :D

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swaybars are for Street Queens.

Makes a huge difference, the front suspension operates much more independently. I convinced Raptizzle to ditch his last week and he's been singing me praises ever since.Just try it, takes 3 minutes to pop it off, and is easily re-installed.

You can thank me later. :D

Yup!!!!