Retrofitting 2012 options to a 2011 (or 2010)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW- I know the guy that does all of Shelby's interior work for supersnakes and gt350s. His name is Gary Disney, and he claims to be able to add cooled seats to any seat. So at that point, you would simply use his rig and modify his switch to fit in the factory location which I am positive is right under the heated seat control for the new 2012s. You just would need the 2012 switch ordered.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two thumbs up for Gary Disney. Great guy, easy to work with and does excellent work.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Front diff is an easy one. The diff is 100% mechanical so no issues with electronics. If you haven't setup a ring and pinion it's best left for the pro's. I would expect the diff with install to be $1k or less. Retail on the diff alone is $670 (not from Ford).

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW- I know the guy that does all of Shelby's interior work for supersnakes and gt350s. His name is Gary Disney, and he claims to be able to add cooled seats to any seat. So at that point, you would simply use his rig and modify his switch to fit in the factory location which I am positive is right under the heated seat control for the new 2012s. You just would need the 2012 switch ordered.

I'd almost be willing to bet you can't just buy the switch for the cooled seats button. Typically ford always lumps things together, and you'd probably have to buy the entire electronic temp control module from the dash, which is probably $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$