Raptor R front bumper piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How’s that plasti dip a year later? I just got the 24 37 package and need to delete that stupid grey/silver eye sore across the bumper on my blacked out truck lol
Just pulled mine and had it powdercoated satin black along with the skid plate. I also welded the license plate holes closed, but the powdercoater misunderstood what I meant by smoothing out the welds…

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

zachery55

Reaction score
Just pulled mine and had it powdercoated satin black along with the skid plate. I also welded the license plate holes closed, but the powdercoater misunderstood what I meant by smoothing out the welds…
Looking to do this next week actually. How much work was involved on your end? Obviously had to remove everything but any codes or forscan needs after the fact? Or did everything just bolt back up with no issues? Looks great by the way! Super annoying they didn’t make this an option lol

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to do this next week actually. How much work was involved on your end? Obviously had to remove everything but any codes or forscan needs after the fact? Or did everything just bolt back up with no issues? Looks great by the way! Super annoying they didn’t make this an option lol
Pulling the bumper took longer than expected, an extra set of hands would’ve helped to unplug the wiring harnesses while holding the weight of the bumper. Harder taking it off than putting it back on, but 100% worth it. I lightly sanded the parking sensors and hit them with some satin black spray paint to match.

No codes that didn’t clear themselves after driving for a bit (parking sensor errors popped up while they were unplugged).

zachery55

Reaction score
Pulling the bumper took longer than expected, an extra set of hands would’ve helped to unplug the wiring harnesses while holding the weight of the bumper. Harder taking it off than putting it back on, but 100% worth it. I lightly sanded the parking sensors and hit them with some satin black spray paint to match.

No codes that didn’t clear themselves after driving for a bit (parking sensor errors popped up while they were unplugged).
Goood to know thank you. I’ll be without the bumper for about 3 days you have any issues driving without one on? I’m not sure I’ll have a choice since it’s my daily lol

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goood to know thank you. I’ll be without the bumper for about 3 days you have any issues driving without one on? I’m not sure I’ll have a choice since it’s my daily lol
Only problem was the parking sensor error popop at startup (and some weird looks at stoplights with my bumper missing).