Raptor R CSPs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrothersInR

Reaction score
Also I agree with Mu , we paid 30k extra for a factory built race engine and it shouldn’t need a rebuild when it has like my truck 1000 miles .. our trucks sat in Michigan in acid Rain for 1/2 a year and they didn’t fix the know issue and pawned it off to dealers.. **** that I went from a Gen1 that never dripped a drop of oil/coolant and I had it for a decade. Ford new the problem with the crankshaft seal. But the kicker is that’s what they told us, actually it’s the front engine cover and not the seal at all. I call ford performance everyday to get a different employee at ford and they all said known issues were dealt with at factory..which we all know now it’s not true. I’m not letting anyone tear down my factory built truck… I told them I don’t want the truck and I’m under review for buy back.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I agree with Mu , we paid 30k extra for a factory built race engine and it shouldn’t need a rebuild when it has like my truck 1000 miles .. our trucks sat in Michigan in acid Rain for 1/2 a year and they didn’t fix the know issue and pawned it off to dealers.. **** that I went from a Gen1 that never dripped a drop of oil/coolant and I had it for a decade. Ford knew the problem with the crankshaft seal. But the kicker is that’s what they told us, actually it’s the front engine cover and not the seal at all. I call ford performance everyday to get a different employee at ford and they all said known issues were dealt with at factory..which we all know now it’s not true. I’m not letting anyone tear down my factory built truck… I told them I don’t want the truck and I’m under review for buy back.
Hope they would buy back. But sadly if the repair fixed issue (though I highly doubt given they let the local dealer rebuild the truck/engine), then the truck may not qualify for a Lemon.

BrothersInR

Reaction score
Exactly csp 23B17 amongst others, but this one gets into the front of the engine pretty good and the list of parts is long!! It effected the early R’s and late 22’ Gt500 which is about 2100 + customers within the effect build dates. So your observation of the gt500 being there for a while is good.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I agree with Mu , we paid 30k extra for a factory built race engine and it shouldn’t need a rebuild when it has like my truck 1000 miles .. our trucks sat in Michigan in acid Rain for 1/2 a year and they didn’t fix the know issue and pawned it off to dealers.. **** that I went from a Gen1 that never dripped a drop of oil/coolant and I had it for a decade. Ford new the problem with the crankshaft seal. But the kicker is that’s what they told us, actually it’s the front engine cover and not the seal at all. I call ford performance everyday to get a different employee at ford and they all said known issues were dealt with at factory..which we all know now it’s not true. I’m not letting anyone tear down my factory built truck… I told them I don’t want the truck and I’m under review for buy back.
I can certainly understand the frustration, but you paid the dealer $30k cash markup, not the manufacturer. Ford sold it to the dealer for invoice, they marked it up $30k above MSRP.

Nobody wants repairs on a brand new engine, but that doesn’t make it a “lemon”. Front cover/valve cover replacement not a “teardown”; it’s replacement/reseal.

If you don’t want the truck, work with the GM of the dealer that put the $30k in their pocket. I’d suggest asking them to either order you another at a “discount” (less or no ADM) or offer you an extended warranty on their dime.

OP
OP
BayRaptor925

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
How many people have actually done the CSP repairs including the front cover and valve covers etc. My truck is at the dealer and of course they want to do the job (because they get paid) but I have no leaks and no issues. I know at some point it will need to be done but my thinking is wait for them to do more of these and find the Tech with the most experience doing the repairs. Lots of GT500s have been in for these same CSPs from what the dealers are telling me.

Here is a video that shows all of the steps involved - it's a pretty intensive job. I think 30 hours of labor or so.