Raptor R Allocation Deposit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

agan

Reaction score
Hey guys, everyone is excited for the Raptor R. I have a dealer that is willing to take a deposit down, and willing to give me the allocation but they want $25K over sticker which I think is crazy. But I'm tempted to counter with 15K over, should I take this deal? Even with the normal Gen 3 being so hard to get at sticker, paying 5-10K over seems normal now.

OP
OP
A

agan

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!
Instead, why not just give us the $25k and we’ll find a Rap for you?

Plus, we’ll be your internet friends, which is more than you can say for giving that money to a stealership.
If you got a gen 3 raptor with 37s I’ll give you 5k for it now!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck a raptor R will be 30k minimum over msrp no matter what. that is if you can get one. 1 at most per dealer. just my thought. you'll never get one until second year. they will be so limited the owner of the dealer will buy them theirselves. if you get it for 25k over ill pay your taxes on it give you another 5k.

Just kidding ill go buy a 911. for 150k instead. just saying. this isn't a track truck so I think the performance it has now is more than enough unless youre intending to professionally desert race it. I miss my ftype. ill keep my gen3 until it dies and tow my track car to the track. (whatever I get and have both)

Last edited:

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad idea giving someone $25k for an allocation that does not exist. If it’s anything like the Bronco Raptor - Ford may do invite only orders. So even if the dealer gets an allocation they may not even be able to give it to you.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer claims they are getting one and it is 30k over so will be curious to see what happens when the it gets closer.

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold out, don’t pay such high ADM. If you pay high ADM it will set a trend . They make enough of money at MSRP.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hold out, don’t pay such high ADM. If you pay high ADM it will set a trend . They make enough of money at MSRP.
Yeah, don't pay the ADM. Let someone else do it. Because someone will. I'll bet if the R is ever released, people will clamor to be on a waiting list to pay ADM.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, don't pay the ADM. Let someone else do it. Because someone will. I'll bet if the R is ever released, people will clamor to be on a waiting list to pay ADM.

I have little doubt there will be an R. What remains to be seen is how attainable it will be. I think the dealers that have committed to MSRP always will continue to do so, and some will get lucky. Everyone else will be paying heavy ADM till 2025.