Raptor is swaying at high speed acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looking at this same question. My 2018 Gen2 at 72,000 does this same body swaying / rolling when accelerating. Did this ever get resolved? Mine has done this since the beginning. Shocks have been tested and appear to pass as good. Rebound is working. Thinking of adding rear traction bar?? Or replacing all shocks? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

will61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at this same question. My 2018 Gen2 at 72,000 does this same body swaying / rolling when accelerating. Did this ever get resolved? Mine has done this since the beginning. Shocks have been tested and appear to pass as good. Rebound is working. Thinking of adding rear traction bar?? Or replacing all shocks? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Shocks should be fine, as most mentioned tire pressure is key. My truck feels very different at 32 psi than 40+.

Is it rolling side to side or fore/aft?

Dutchman

Reaction score
I became a member just to post my findings because my truck at high speeds were swaying back-and-forth left to right very bad at high speeds.
Never had the problem with the K02 bfg then I put on nitto ridge grapplers 35s and had the problem at high speed. in the summer tire pressure at 35 no problem . temperatures got cold Then the problem started. So I bumped the pressure up to 45 which sucks cause their hard as rocks but it was the flex rate capability of the tire at high speeds. At 35 too much flexing in the cold temperatures and tire couldn't keep up and it caused the hostile role left to right. I bumped the tire pressures up to 45 tested it numerous times up to a 121 miles per hour no problems. Also did lane changes to engage the shocks to respond which caused more problems before. at 45 tire pressure no problem at 35 tire pressure in the cold oscillation hard left the right.

samraptor

Reaction score
Bought my truck about 6 weeks ago. Around 70mph+, pedal to the floor, highway acceleration the truck starts swaying back and forth. So today I had it aligned at ford, they didnt say anything was crazy out of alignment. The steering is definitley tighter, but it still sways back and forth at high speed acceleration. It feels like its coming from the rear of the truck. I know the front shocks, wheel bearings were replaced at 50k. I've searched on here to find solutions.....rear shocks haven't been replaced and/or rebuilt as far as im concerned. Anyone have ideas? Figured i'd ask before I took it in to get some ideas. Truck has 83k, serviced regularly at ford where it was purchased every 3-5k.