PUTC First Look Video: 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What? "All new 4 wheel/A wheel drive system" ???

I've not seen that talked about here. Did I miss it ?

Yeah. Its been talked about in some other threads around here. Some say they put it in there to help the Raptor from breaking the tires loose since the new motor is producing so much tq at low RPMs and they also probably put it in there for the soccer moms and weekend warriors that want to have fun that dont know exactly what they are doing. They are taking a page out of Range Rovers and Jeeps book with the selectable terrain system for mud, snow, sand, normal, or street.

Personally I have owned a bunch of AWD vehicles and I love them. My sister owns a 2011 Land Rover Lr4 with the fancy select terrain system and its nifty but will never get used on that vehicle since its so damn expensive and fancy to be beaten offroad.

I think the AWD system will be great when youre going up snowy mountain roads to go skiing and such since its 'smarter' than a true 4Hi system. Aside from that it has the normal 4hi/4lo goodness needed for trails, rocks, and mud.