Photoshoped Rendering...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
i agree- who came up with gray when all the other accents on the truck are black.

Anyway, i can do all but paint this trip, so i have bedrug and bakflip f1, 5star, raptor decal, window tint, wheels and tires. I think i gave a tailgate shock too in the box... And lets not forget a full detail. If i get around to it, there was led internal lighting on my list as well.

Next trip will include cai (when 5 star is ready with orange), other decals (back door and hood), level, and paint on fender flares/bumpers.

After that, phase three will be exhaust (headers and true dual similar to txraptors).

And lastly probably some rigid lighting... Contemplating projector headlight replacements and maybe blacking out all the lights.

What am i forgetting?

security and better braking power.

OP
OP
EAvila

EAvila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
security and better braking power.
Not sure what to do about security- you mean like aftermarket alarm, Jimmy jammer, lojack or what? Truck will either be in garage or i'll be in it.

As for braking power, I'm planning to use the 17" wheels for off road, so I'm limited to rotor/pads with stainless brake lines and better fluid. Next step would be to abandon 17s and do a larger caliper, but I'm waiting to see how I use it before i decide.

Anyone done more than rotors/pads yet?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Not sure what to do about security- you mean like aftermarket alarm, Jimmy jammer, lojack or what? Truck will either be in garage or i'll be in it.

As for braking power, I'm planning to use the 17" wheels for off road, so I'm limited to rotor/pads with stainless brake lines and better fluid. Next step would be to abandon 17s and do a larger caliper, but I'm waiting to see how I use it before i decide.

Anyone done more than rotors/pads yet?

Mine sits in the garage as well but when I go out and it's in the parking lot, THE ALARM is ALWAYS ON. You can't be in it 24/7. I also have a security camera in mine. Call me paranoid, better to be safe then sorry. Camera is also good for driving down the road and some PUNK ASS decides to cut you off at the last minute you have proof of what REALLY happened in court.:)

OP
OP
EAvila

EAvila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fc6d3664.jpg

My car is in FL and I'm in NY, so I've been planning the modifications for several weeks. I created a Photoshop file and I tried a number of tire/wheels combos, decals, paint (flares and bumpers are painted in final image), and stuff I'm forgetting. Here is the rendering of the mods scheduled for next week:

FINAL-II.jpg

Once I get everything on, I'll have to take a pic and see how closely it matches.

Finally got everything I could on this trip completed. Last week it was stock, after the weekend, I had added: Bedrug, Bakflip F1, DeeZee EZ Down, Window Tint, Fuel Octane 20x9, Toyo Open Country M/T 35x12.5x20, 5 Star Tune, Custom True Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, Rocker Decals, oh- and an Aquapel Treatment on all the windows. Here she is:
photo2.jpg

The exhaust I wanted out of the way
photo1-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Finally got everything I could on this trip completed. Last week it was stock, after the weekend, I had added: Bedrug, Bakflip F1, DeeZee EZ Down, Window Tint, Fuel Octane 20x9, Toyo Open Country M/T 35x12.5x20, 5 Star Tune, Custom True Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, Rocker Decals, oh- and an Aquapel Treatment on all the windows. Here she is:
photo2.jpg

The exhaust I wanted out of the way
photo1-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

dayyyyum looks awesome man! post up your own thread in the member build up section and show that beauty off! i love the wheel tire combo!

OP
OP
EAvila

EAvila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great post a video of how it sounds.
I have no help here to get much more than this:

YouTube - Raptor

dayyyyum looks awesome man! post up your own thread in the member build up section and show that beauty off! i love the wheel tire combo!
Thanks Bird- something's wrong with the YT links... apparently it's not parsing the board code too well.
ETA: I got rid of the YT tags and it seems much better...

Last edited:

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is really nice looking. Glad you went with the black color combo, it really sets off that orange. Where did you get the rocker decals?

OP
OP
EAvila

EAvila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is really nice looking. Glad you went with the black color combo, it really sets off that orange. Where did you get the rocker decals?
Got them from Larry @ yourdecals.com. He's got a variety of options, and is happy to customize if you want something special.

Looks awesome! Love the rims and tires.
Thanks- I'm happy with them. Switched ideas a few hundred times, but I think they ended up pretty nice. Doing all the versions in photoshop first also helped me decide.