My Issues Post Cam Phaser Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
YIKES.
That... is the F*** sound of a workmanship issue if I were a betting man...
Someone at Ford C/S should be the recipient of this.

Sounds like the stealership doesn’t want to find the concern, so they don’t have to pay.

ffirgriff

Reaction score
YIKES.
That... is the F*** sound of a workmanship issue if I were a betting man...
Someone at Ford C/S should be the recipient of this.

Sounds like the stealership doesn’t want to find the concern, so they don’t have to pay.
Yeah that’s my thought as well. I’ve gotten Ford involved and their engineer has been working with the dealer tech but since they can’t replicate it they said there’s nothing they can do…It seems pretty cut and dry to me. No noises like that before cam phaser replacement, now there’s noises, so they obviously did something incorrectly during the job. But they don’t see it that way…

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that’s my thought as well. I’ve gotten Ford involved and their engineer has been working with the dealer tech but since they can’t replicate it they said there’s nothing they can do…It seems pretty cut and dry to me. No noises like that before cam phaser replacement, now there’s noises, so they obviously did something incorrectly during the job. But they don’t see it that way…
Wow, that’s bad. As you said, clearly it’s a workmanship issue. Not sure how they can claim they’re unable to duplicate, it’s obvious. Did the engineer actually fly in, or is he just going by what the dealership is telling him? It sounds like they are just trying to get out of being held responsible for the repair.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I change oil every 2500 miles , just cause i drive like i stole it most times and oil/filter is cheap. At 11,600 miles on my 19. i couldn't imagine going 5k let alone 13k miles . My 2010 has always had 2500 mile oil changes sitting at 96,000 miles as i drove to work this morning , 65,000 of those been supercharged. It's been working for me. Found some old Pictures of truck at like a year old

View attachment 167032

View attachment 167033
I miss my Banshee, had a 2007, don't think you could still get that year in the usa, last year was 2008 I think and Orange only.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you a flat earther too? An oil analysis can show you exactly what is going on inside your engine. for $30 it's worth it to me to have one done periodically. Not necessarily to tell you when to change your oil but to check engine health etc.
If my bearings are going, I don't want to know, lol, there's no motors (gen 1) out there anyway, so would rather drive it til it dies.

ffirgriff

Reaction score
Wow, that’s bad. As you said, clearly it’s a workmanship issue. Not sure how they can claim they’re unable to duplicate, it’s obvious. Did the engineer actually fly in, or is he just going by what the dealership is telling him? It sounds like they are just trying to get out of being held responsible for the repair.
I’m not sure but I highly doubt they would have flown someone in. I’m sure they just talked on the phone.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d also like to know how the trucks been running since.

I’m having the exact same problem. Cam phasers replaced 12/17/21. Parked truck after picking it up that night and started it roughly an hour later to run an errand and it is making a god awful clicking/ticking/ratcheting noise. It appears to only do it once it’s been warmed up and then sat for at least a half hour. Overnight cold starts caused only a very slight phaser rattle but hardly noticeable.

Took it back to my dealer 12/20/22. They’ve been unable to replicate it somehow and claim they’ve tried every day to make it happen. I opened a case with Ford and they had an engineer contact my dealer yet nothing was resolved because the issue can’t be replicated. Ok so tonight, after 25 days, I go pick it back up since they can’t figure it out anyway. I did the same exact scenario, get home and park it for an hour, start it up, and the same noises are present. “Cannot replicate concern” my ***.

That sounds totally normal, not sure why you are complaining. Didn't you drop a Dodge cummins diesel in there?