My Ford Magazine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Magazine came in the mail Friday.
Raptor will lose 500 lbs.
F150 will lose 700 lbs.

RAPTOR

51_Reveal_07.jpg

Ford raised its bar so high when it debuted the original F-150 Raptor in 2010 that it needed to make a bold statement with its successor. Well, mission accomplished. Like the Shelby, the Raptor upped its performance game by shedding weight—in this case up to 500 pounds, thanks to its high-strength, military-grade aluminum-alloy body. “For the new Raptor, it’s all about off-road performance,” says Ford designer Craig Metros. “We looked at extreme desert racers—lots of ground height, wide stance, exposed shocks—and created something that’s much chunkier and more robust.” Gordon Platto, chief designer, Ford Trucks, elaborates. “It’s a racing vehicle, yet it needs ground clearance,” he says. “We’ve lifted the bumper to expose the mechanicals and expose the four-inch dual exhaust system.” Platto is particularly proud of the revolutionary new terrain-management system of the Raptor, which lets you select from six preset terrain modes—everyday, high-performance on-road, rough weather (ice, snow, rain), Baja (high-speed desert racing), rock crawling, and mud- and sand-trail riding.

SPECIFICATIONS
  • ENGINE: 3.5L EcoBoost
  • TRANSMISSION: All-new 10-speed transmission
  • RELEASE DATE: Fall 2016

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And you don't need to feel it. The color is only for the autoshow circuit and will NOT be a production color.

FordPerformance_FutureVehicles_v01c.jpg

That sucks! I actually like the color. Other stuff not so much, but I will reserve my final judgment until I see it in person.