Mod – run mirror side spotlights at any speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaij

Reaction score
Thanks FastEddie! Just did mine and works great! Took me about an hour because (1) I'm slow, and (2) I had to try a bunch of different tools to get the gray wire to release. Ended up using this 1/16" allen wrench and I definitely heard a 'click' when it finally released.IMG_1328.jpg

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
It sounds like the gray wire is the one that powers the mirror's side spot lights below 5 mph so instead of installing the jumper from whatever pin number the gray wire was removed from to the constant 12V source (either pin 1 or 2?) maybe it can be installed into a pin that is a switched 12V source.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any reason you guys want them on at speeds?
I find great joy using them on the idiots who go too slow in the passing lane. They are pretty bright and light up the other car nicely. I feel it gets the point across, if that doesn’t do it there is always the GJ 3rd brake light to blind them.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find great joy using them on the idiots who go too slow in the passing lane. They are pretty bright and light up the other car nicely. I feel it gets the point across, if that doesn’t do it there is always the GJ 3rd brake light to blind them.

Of course

After flashing them to infinity
And maybe just maybe some mild break check

No just kidding

Here in the UAE, last week, they turned on cameras that monitor left-lane-monkeys and they get fined for not giving way

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course

After flashing them to infinity
And maybe just maybe some mild break check

No just kidding

Here in the UAE, last week, they turned on cameras that monitor left-lane-monkeys and they get fined for not giving way
If people here got fined I’m sure they wouldn’t bog down the passing lane as often.

FoShizzle

Reaction score
Same! My wife even eggs me on; “Idiots... give them the light!”