Magnaflow Tip Dilemma; Please Come in to be Heard!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys...

In case nobody noticed...

Magnaflow has updated the tips on the new versions of p/n 15588 to be a double-wall tip.

This is *much* nicer looking than the slash cuts they were using before on both the 5.4 and 6.2 kits.

So, seeing as how the tail section is the same in all cases and there's tons of us running around with the slash-cuts, I'm sure there's a fair number here that would like to have the double-wall tips.

Of course, Maggie won't sell/doesn't part number just the tail section. I think it's kind of silly, but getting a single part of a system out of them is a ridiculous process.

What I'm proposing here, is that enough of us speak up and post that you'd be willing to buy the tail section, that maybe they'd put together a group buy for us.

I'm shooting for 20+ units.

So post up if you'd like and I'll make a running tally of how many we have and see if we can't get Maggie to make a deal.

For reference:

Old tips (fugly)

Magnaflow exhaust kit for 6.2l - YouTube

New double wall (what we should have had all along)

i-PPhPtsg-L.jpg

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the running list..

I'll start.

1 mblgjr

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Glad they updated, just wish they'd sell the updated tail/section tips.

If we can get enough people wanting them, I'm sure they'd be willing to sell a few.

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently noooooooo body is interested in getting Maggie to p/n the tails with the updated tips...

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently noooooooo body is interested in getting Maggie to p/n the tails with the updated tips...

The lack of interest is probably due to the fact that, the old tips have not been on the market for years (All the current systems have new style tips) and you can get these all over ebay @ $450.

:peace:

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Yep... bought mine off fleabay in April when the truck arrived... and I think they changed the tips around July/Aug.