Lil' help here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Bought air filter (Wix) and it looks nothing like my original. Much thicker. Did O'Reilleys screw up and give me the wrong filter?

IMG_1007.jpg

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Well, I found Kaiser's post over on SVTOffroad where he cross-referenced every brand's filter part # and sure enough it's the right one.

He also said you can get these 2/$30 on Amazon. I paid that for one.

Ford really cheaped out on the OE Motorcraft filter.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard (never actually seen) that the Raptor got two different air filters. A short one like your old one (mine was the same) and a tall one like the wix. By vin, according to the Motorcraft catalog, mine is supposed to have the short one. I dunno if Ford got cheap or what. Next time I go to replace mine I'm going to look for the tall Motorcraft.

speed45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts can differ sometimes like that brand to brand, id just double check the cross reference number and if it matches up and fits good its probably ok.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original filter in my Raptor was the taller one from FoMoCo. The replacement from FoMoCo is now shorter. Was a little disappointed. Will likely go to the Wix or other brand that has more filtration. Don't know why Ford did this?

FSM06

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
The original filter in my Raptor was the taller one from FoMoCo. The replacement from FoMoCo is now shorter. Was a little disappointed. Will likely go to the Wix or other brand that has more filtration. Don't know why Ford did this?

FSM06

Man, FSM, where ya been? We've been worried sick about you. :suicide:

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I heard (never actually seen) that the Raptor got two different air filters. A short one like your old one (mine was the same) and a tall one like the wix. By vin, according to the Motorcraft catalog, mine is supposed to have the short one. I dunno if Ford got cheap or what. Next time I go to replace mine I'm going to look for the tall Motorcraft.

Parts can differ sometimes like that brand to brand, id just double check the cross reference number and if it matches up and fits good its probably ok.

FSM06

There's the boys in blue :D

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I should change mine. I have 14,000 on the stock filter. I'll do that today because I am bored.