LightForce Striker 170s: UPDATE! Installed (pics!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotchya Big J, sounds like a plan. thanks for the link man. one last thing, why do they offer the wiring harness? does it not come with the wires to connect to the AUX switches already in the Raptor? and would it be smart to purchase that also?

sorry so many questions BigJ....
Wups! Missed this question... And like Falcon said, questions and answers are why we're all hear DJ. :) No need at all to apologize.

I actually like that LightForce offers the wiring harness as a separate purchase; we (Raptor owners) don't have to pay for stuff we're not going to use. On a typical install (non Raptor), the wiring harness is critical. You'd need the wires, relays and switches. Our Raptors come with all that integrated already, so the wiring harness isn't needed. If you used it, you'd just be doubling up on hardware; there's no need.

What the kit does come with is completed weatherpack connector on the ballast end, and then parts to built the mating weatherpack connector with wires you supply. In my case, I ran wire (that I supplied) from the tap point provided by Ford (inside the engine compartment, after connecting to the switch tap behind the glovebox), down behind the grill, then used the LightForce supplied weatherpack connector parts to create the end, and then simply plugged that new end into the preexisting end on the ballast.

Does that help?

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yepper BigJ thanks a lot, I think i got it from here man. Another question i had was: I went to the site you put out for these lights and couldn't actually order or see how much all there products cost. So my question is do i have to contact them directly for prices?

GOODLIFE

Reaction score
I'm glad you liked them.

The housings turned me off at first too. Then I realized things change, better materials come out and they are waaaaay better.

Can we see some pics of the beam pattern and different lenses, please?