Lifted the front of the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Hey thanks for posting that Falcon. Got me thinking, I wonder what it costs for a new set of these shocks when the originals wear out?

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had heard on one of the videos that they are guranteed for 10 years or 100,000 mile. Can't find the vid though.

Falcon

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
just called Fox...100,000 mile service interval $110 each to rebuild. They have to be sent to Fox to be serviced.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... are they covered under the Ford Warranty program, or a Fox program? Are they guaranteed to not fail for 100,000 miles, or is that the mean time between overhaul?

Falcon

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I purchased the 100,000 mile warranty for this reason. I imagine if a seal busts while it's under warranty Ford would send the unit to be rebuilt. Ford seems to be standing behind the product and it's intended use. I'm pretty sure you will feel the shock fade before the seals blow.

Kyle

Reaction score
I think Brian is on the right track with his mods. I have removed the sway bar on my last two trucks and loved the result. It just frees up the front end gives true IFS a whole new feel. Sway bars definately were NOT designed for off road. When one front tire hits a bump and the suspension moves up in the travel, the swaybar pushes the other side down. This causes the repercussion to be felt from front to back and side to side. Removal allows the one wheel to move totally independent. I guess its all in the hands of the beholder.........I say screw the DOT trying to limit our fun......I mean your fun.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the strory on the alignment, what did raising the perch do do the aignment, caster, camber, toe?

Andy