Leveling kit install torques?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsvtcobra

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to front coilover removal and installation instructions with torque specs? I haven't found any really solid info with torque specs.

This is all that Level Up has this only:

This was the closest I found to a decent video. Is it really necessary to loosen the nut on the CV shaft and lower control arms to get the coilovers out? It seemed like it might have been an extra step. It also looked like they might not have torqued anything, but may have been the video edit.

My dealership isn't very confident about doing this cause they seem to alway damage something.Screenshot_20230522_172937_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep it dirty has some videos on installing lift springs. The only torque spec he referenced was the lower strut bolt, 250 ft lbs, which is precisely how high my torque wrench goes. He says just get the other bolts” good and tight” with the exception of the sway bar end link, apparently he twisted one off. I pretty much followed his advice. I did see a torque spec for upper strut nut. I just hit it with my 3/8 impact and called it good. I know a lot of newer Superduty leveling kits use a spacer above stock spring, not sure how good that is about the Raptor coil overs, I went Eibach route on my Gen 2, will likely use RPG collar on the wife’s Gen 3. To my eye, the Gen 3 springs look thicker than the stock springs on a Gen 2 and the coils look to be closer together. I could be wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep it dirty has some videos on installing lift springs. The only torque spec he referenced was the lower strut bolt, 250 ft lbs, which is precisely how high my torque wrench goes. He says just get the other bolts” good and tight” with the exception of the sway bar end link, apparently he twisted one off. I pretty much followed his advice. I did see a torque spec for upper strut nut. I just hit it with my 3/8 impact and called it good. I know a lot of newer Superduty leveling kits use a spacer above stock spring, not sure how good that is about the Raptor coil overs, I went Eibach route on my Gen 2, will likely use RPG collar on the wife’s Gen 3. To my eye, the Gen 3 springs look thicker than the stock springs on a Gen 2 and the coils look to be closer together. I could be wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time.
The lower shock bolt (no struts) torque spec is 406 lb-ft. The lower arm to frame bolts are 258 lb-ft. The lower arm to frame bolts need to be torqued with the arm at ride height. The lower shock bolt needs to be torqued with the weight of the truck on the suspension, which makes it difficult if you don’t have the truck on a lift with a torque multiplier.