Kartek P/S Reservoir and cooler installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewie

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been needing to flush my p/s fluid, it was turning dark, so decided to add another cooler and a larger reservoir. Having to remove the S&B CAI tube to get to the stock reservoir was also a nogo. A ton of great info on the forum to do this so gave it a go. Maybe even prolong the life of the p/s pump.
IMG_1473.jpeg
IMG_1474.jpeg
Kartek reservoir, Derale cooler, some AN fittings, and hoses. Fabbed up some mounts for both and hooked things up.
IMG_1235.jpeg

Filled with fresh motorcraft fluid, flushed the system, and within minutes the system is quiet as a mouse. Plus having the return line right there in front next to the headlight will make future fluid flush maintenance a breeze.

So thank you for all the members who tackled this before and put the info out. Here’s a list of items I used,
Kartek reservoir
ORB 10 to -10AN flared male
10AN female to -12AN 90* with push lock male end (pump side of res)
ORB 10 to -6 AN
-6AN female flare 90* with push lock male end (return line of res)
3/4 push lock hose (res to pump)
3/8 push lock hose (res to derale cooler) I was able to reuse the factory hose from stock cooler to the derale cooler after a slight trim.
Derale cooler
IMG_1478.jpeg