Just got my 2011 Ford Raptor SuperCrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fostercd

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the high-end Viper one, Dont have the model number in front of me.... But I also went with the color LCD remotes, shock sensors, tilt sensors, micro-chipped keys and 2 kill switches.

My Raptor got broken into a couple of weeks ago, so i went pretty crazy with the security mods after-the-fact.

Ironman has a dadgum security camera in his. You can check out vids of it if you do a site search for it.

I live on the border so the fear I have is it being stolen and ending up in another country. When your raptor was broken into, what was stolen? So far I have wheel locks, and a club. I want to get more security installed, but dont really trust the local places. I need to get the windows tinted more, but I dont really leave things in the raptor anyways.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can make them :birgits_tiredcoffee

Shaggy and Bird have been working on some, but if you've got any designs or samples I can take a look at, I'd like to.

SPRSNK; said:
I use a Mastiff and a .44 for security. :shooter: I haven't had a vehicle broken into in 20 years and don't even lock the doors. I like living in a safe area.

It's funny, because my city is currently listed as among the very safest in the nation by all the magazines and such, yet 15 minutes away across the Mexican border there is a drug war raging that claims many more lives per day than Iraq and Afghanistan combined. I'm not sure I believe the polls, vehicle theft is high here,in the last 11 years ive had 3 vehicles broken into and my brother has had 2 stolen.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live on the border so the fear I have is it being stolen and ending up in another country. When your raptor was broken into, what was stolen? So far I have wheel locks, and a club. I want to get more security installed, but dont really trust the local places. I need to get the windows tinted more, but I dont really leave things in the raptor anyways.

I have 20% tint all around too.
A list of what was stolen is in this thread: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/new-door-handles-stay-black-go-white-raptor-vandalized-836/

I'm on the border too.... What city or area are you at?

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I plan on taking it out tomorrow morning and getting some mores pics of it. It is still stock right now, I plan on getting a different exhaust system on it; however, i am not a fan of the place i live right now so I am going to have to wait until I can make it out of town.

My list so far for the truck is a tonneau bak flip cover, maybe a spray in liner, and exhaust. Any other ideas?

Your plan almost mirrors mine. I'm going to get a Bak Flip tonneau and Line X the bed (and probably the rear fenderwells). I've used the same exhaust guy for over 15 years so his shop will do my Magnaflow exhaust. I also have a Ford Racing light bar coming (thanks Hockster) and a Volant CAI waiting in the garage. I'm definitely do the free mod and moving to the middle front shock position for a mild lift.

Welcome to the site! There are a lot of good folks here.

OP
OP
fostercd

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 20% tint all around too.
A list of what was stolen is in this thread: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/new-door-handles-stay-black-go-white-raptor-vandalized-836/

I'm on the border too.... What city or area are you at?

Someone I know told me I should go to the dealership and get the one lock removed from the front, and get steel plates added to truck for about 500 dollars. It would essentially make the raptor only key less and door code able. I am considering it, however worse case scenario (Ie dead battery) I would have to break a window to gain entrance. He said he had about three break ins in Houston, but for after market accessories, and after the switch has had none.

I am down in Laredo, Texas.