JDM Whipple 700 HP Power Package install!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a reason why I stay out of this section of the forum...

I need to convince the wife that I need a SC now!

Like someone else asked, what's the longevity of a SC? What maintenance is needed?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both Superchargers actually void warranty. With the Roush kit you have the option of purchasing an aftermarket warranty for the drive train with 1 year, 3 year, and a 5 year option.

Jim111,
The Whipple offers the same, it's all on both websites.

The only thing is, you have to stay with manufactured Tunes with speed limiters set that come with the kit, no extra mods!
With Roush's locked Tune (not sure if they encrypted now) and Whipple's encrypted Tune the PCM needs to be sent to them.
The Whipple warranty is for 650 fwhp
The Roush Stage11 is 590 fwhp but you need to buy extra warranty on top of the standard Stage1 525 fwhp option.

Last edited:

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I actually called Roush Performance today inquiring about their S/C and the warranty. The way I understood it was this:

Your Raptor has 24,000 miles
You buy Roush S/C
You pay an extra $1800 for a 3/36,000, that doesn't mean 3/36,000 from the install date it means 36,000 from the time you purchased the vehicle which I thought was a waste of money. Why would you pay $1800 for 12,000 miles. Then it was cleaned up saying our S/C's are pretty bullet proof.(I won't even go there today, but we all heard that before)

Bottomline if you want to go fast you break stuff.....PERIOD!!!

So I would like to know how Whipple warranty works. I just may look into a ProCharger.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JDM, did you ever post the results of the dyno on your OP set-up? Interested in what you ended up with.

Looks great!

Thanks,
HAP

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never bothered claiming a single thing for warranty work... Intitally it was something that seemed swell but always figured it'd be a bigger argument than it was worth.

2010%20NEW%20WARRANTY%20KILLER%20BLACK%20VERSION.jpg

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@JimIII@JDM Does your kit address the stock oil pump issues at all?

No, we've only seen a few oil pump failures in the past. The idea of upgrading it isn't a bad one but not totally necessary. It depends on the HP goals and how the truck is driven. Hard on/off throttle conditions (pedaling the throttle) can shatter the gears. This has been a problem with the Mustang 3V and Coyote 5.0L engines as well. We've been selling the TSS billet gears as an alternative for anyone who wants them. At the moment they are on back order with TSS, that is why it says call to order on the site.

http://www.teamjdm.com/2010-2014-svt-raptor-f-150-f-250-6-2l-billet-oil-pump-gear-upgrade/

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

JDM, did you ever post the results of the dyno on your OP set-up? Interested in what you ended up with.

Looks great!

Thanks,
HAP

We ended up delivering the truck back to the customer during a harsh cold winter and left him on a mild tune up making about 535 RWHP. He is due back in the spring to unleash the beast and make some more power after the roads get better.