Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasoncolorado

Reaction score
Hi All. Did the swap for the digital HVAC controls. Really wasn’t too bad. Longest part for me was backing up all the AB modules but I feel better having them. Heated and cooled seats didn’t work until I loaded my original AB and then worked great. Next is the SCCM. Is the only part needed the ML3Z-3F791-HB ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi All. Did the swap for the digital HVAC controls. Really wasn’t too bad. Longest part for me was backing up all the AB modules but I feel better having them. Heated and cooled seats didn’t work until I loaded my original AB and then worked great. Next is the SCCM. Is the only part needed the ML3Z-3F791-HB ?

Thanks in advance
BB. I posted all the parts on the invoice from mine a couple of posts up.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My heated wheel has been working fine since November, but I just recently decided to change the from it never shutting off to a different timed interval. I have tried 30 minutes and now 15 minutes. The wheel just seems to be stuck on infinite. Is there another setting in the SCCM or elsewhere that I need to adjust? I have only altered values in 724-06-01

Edit. the heating element in the wheel shuts off at any interval I set. the light itself on the button stays on unless I actively hit the button again to turn it off. I was expecting the light to shut off at the 15 mark. I guess it doesnt work like that.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 8.30.31 PM.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys, want to share my experience. I was following this procedure above in my 2023 Raptor, but ended up with working HSW, and disabled steering wheel buttons, I’ve spent some time trying to find the problem and with the help of great folks from F150gen14 forum and their suggestion I’ve installed the SCCM part number ML3Z-3F791-HB. After installing it I reprogrammed everything and my buttons are active, and HSW working. I’m not sure why the -BB wasn’t working for me, but it appears that few people installed -HB instead of -BB part in 2023 Raptors because of the similar problem. My point is if there is no back order on HB part, order it to be on the safe side. I also want to point to the importance of the correct Forscan procedure.
1. Before you start replacing parts Back up modules: HVAC, SCCM, APIM
2. Replace parts
3. Connect Forscan and make new scan without loading vehicle profile
4. Write your backed up HVAC, SCCM builts into the new modules.
5. Restart, connect the Forscan again and scan all modules
6. Using screenshots of the spreadsheet on the page 7 made the built changes.
8. Enjoy
Also if you forgot to back up your original built you can request all of it from https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

I know that 5. is an extra step, that might be not needed, but again I am sharing my experience and want to show how I’ve done it.
Hi victorbaars,

You are offering the most relevant information for my particular problem that I've seen yet. In short, for my 2023 raptor I ordered the clockspring (HB) and and SCCM. I made the mistake of installing them before doing the as built backup with Forscan. Of course, now there are buttons that don't work (all of the steering wheel buttons, the heat and vent seat buttons on the dash, the AC button on the dash). Do you know if I need to install the original parts and do the backup scan, then re-install the new parts for the heated steering wheel and carry on that way.
Since I have everything reassembled and new parts installed, you can imagine why i'd rather not re do all of this again. But I also don't know enough about programming Forscan to know if there is a high risk of the dreaded bricked truck that other members fearfully refer.
I did as you said and got my VIN entered into motorcraftservice.com and I do have a copy of my asbuilt from that, but it isn't necessarily obvious how to get all that info into Forscan. It's a strange file tag.

Thanks for any help! I'm mechanically inclined, but not software programming inclined.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi victorbaars,

You are offering the most relevant information for my particular problem that I've seen yet. In short, for my 2023 raptor I ordered the clockspring (HB) and and SCCM. I made the mistake of installing them before doing the as built backup with Forscan. Of course, now there are buttons that don't work (all of the steering wheel buttons, the heat and vent seat buttons on the dash, the AC button on the dash). Do you know if I need to install the original parts and do the backup scan, then re-install the new parts for the heated steering wheel and carry on that way.
Since I have everything reassembled and new parts installed, you can imagine why i'd rather not re do all of this again. But I also don't know enough about programming Forscan to know if there is a high risk of the dreaded bricked truck that other members fearfully refer.
I did as you said and got my VIN entered into motorcraftservice.com and I do have a copy of my asbuilt from that, but it isn't necessarily obvious how to get all that info into Forscan. It's a strange file tag.

Thanks for any help! I'm mechanically inclined, but not software programming inclined.
Yes.

You need to reinstall them, grab their as-built data properly and then load that data onto the new parts that aren't working at the moment. There is no shortcut around this.

On the plus side, It shouldn't take them more than an hour to do that since you are familiar with the process of removing trim pieces.

Reaction score
ekalb,

Thanks for your reply. That's what I was afraid of, and why I searched the forum hoping there was a work around. Well, the install was fun the first time because nothing broke, let's see about a second time. Pray for those clips :)