GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I’m having a hell of a time knowing what’s what with my 24. Truck lights are in auto. Always how I want them to be.
What I have enabled.
DRL with fogs
DRL with parking lights
Fog with high beams
Disable driver seatbelt chime
Disabled the start up ding ding ding chime
Change brightness on DRL to 75%
Removed the black box on camera view when driving
And attempted the walk away lock function which I’m guessing isn’t possible on the raptor.
I never had the double honk and my cameras always worked at speed.

As far as I can tell everything works except my DRL changes do not come on during full light. Only the stock headlight DRLs come on during the day. Once my “auto” lights come on the everything works perfectly. Figs. High beams. All DRLs with parking lights. Confirmed in neutral position with parking brake set.

My question is my auto lights only seem to come on when it’s not bright outside like in the shade or garage… assuming thats normal….?
When they do come on all my DRL features work. So I believe all my settings changed correctly but why do my DRL changes not come on in full sunlight? Why do they only come on when the auto lights come on in less then full sunlight?

I really wanted the drill lights and everything to be on at all times.. is everyone just rolling around with their parking lamps on and switching there lights on manually each night or am I missing something?

I have reset back to stock once already and reset all modules as well because I really thought I broke something. Like I said everything appears to work perfectly now minus that one thing. Which is of course what I wanted the most lol….

Did I miss something? Since the brightness and DRL with park lights are both on the same module line can I only have one inputted and not both?

I’m on day 3 here trying to fix this.

Please help me I am at your forscan wisdom mercy lol

@Antho @swoop1156
I'm not entirely clear on what you're pursuing.

DRL=Amber surrounds of the headlights. Enabling parking lights with DRL will turn on all the lights, except headlights and of course brake and reverse. Your headlights still will come on when it's dark enough out.

I think it's working as intended for you?

Are you wanting your headlights on permanently at all times when the truck is operating? In auto it'll turn them on when it's dark enough. You can turn them on manually, turn them off manually, or enable parking lights only with the switch.

If I remember correctly, DRL with fogs will run your outside set of fog lights regardless of if they're turned on manually with the button press on the headlight switch.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m having a hell of a time knowing what’s what with my 24. Truck lights are in auto. Always how I want them to be.
What I have enabled.
DRL with fogs
DRL with parking lights
Fog with high beams
Disable driver seatbelt chime
Disabled the start up ding ding ding chime
Change brightness on DRL to 75%
Removed the black box on camera view when driving
And attempted the walk away lock function which I’m guessing isn’t possible on the raptor.
I never had the double honk and my cameras always worked at speed.

As far as I can tell everything works except my DRL changes do not come on during full light. Only the stock headlight DRLs come on during the day. Once my “auto” lights come on the everything works perfectly. Figs. High beams. All DRLs with parking lights. Confirmed in neutral position with parking brake set.

My question is my auto lights only seem to come on when it’s not bright outside like in the shade or garage… assuming thats normal….?
When they do come on all my DRL features work. So I believe all my settings changed correctly but why do my DRL changes not come on in full sunlight? Why do they only come on when the auto lights come on in less then full sunlight?

I really wanted the drill lights and everything to be on at all times.. is everyone just rolling around with their parking lamps on and switching there lights on manually each night or am I missing something?

I have reset back to stock once already and reset all modules as well because I really thought I broke something. Like I said everything appears to work perfectly now minus that one thing. Which is of course what I wanted the most lol….

Did I miss something? Since the brightness and DRL with park lights are both on the same module line can I only have one inputted and not both?

I’m on day 3 here trying to fix this.

Please help me I am at your forscan wisdom mercy lol

@Antho @swoop1156
When in Auto and lights come on, it allows fogs to come on. Depending on what all u changed, you may be triggering everything to work when lights come on. I see you found the full fix in the other thread so good luck....worked for me.

BTW, Walk Away works in Raptor R for sure. Just the 3 settings in Common spreadsheet. Reset APIM when done and make sure to clear DTC.

What is change for "Disabled the start up ding ding ding chime"?

zachery55

Reaction score
I'm not entirely clear on what you're pursuing.

DRL=Amber surrounds of the headlights. Enabling parking lights with DRL will turn on all the lights, except headlights and of course brake and reverse. Your headlights still will come on when it's dark enough out.

I think it's working as intended for you?

Are you wanting your headlights on permanently at all times when the truck is operating? In auto it'll turn them on when it's dark enough. You can turn them on manually, turn them off manually, or enable parking lights only with the switch.

If I remember correctly, DRL with fogs will run your outside set of fog lights regardless of if they're turned on manually with the button press on the headlight switch.
So yes and no to the fogs. I would like to use my fogs at anytime but that’s not a real issue I suppose just would be nice to use if I ever wanted too. I just found a post from today where antho listed another line item fix for module 87. Guess you have to enable the license circuit as well. Plus others. I kept my fogs to stock config because I don’t have an option to turn on or off with DRL via the button. They were either on or off so I just left em of. They work as intended in all other modes.
Everything works as intended in low light when the low beams and auto headlight function kicks in. My goal was for full light scenarios and being able to have all the DRLs on as well. Not the fogs as well but having the option to turn on or off would be nice. So far it’s all or nothing in full light.

That 276-87 line item fixed what I was trying to do.

Now it appears the DRL brightening only affects the headlight DRLs. Is there any way to change the brightness on the marker lights as well now? Otherwise I will change my brightness from 75 to 50% so they are a little closer matched.

zachery55

Reaction score
When in Auto and lights come on, it allows fogs to come on. Depending on what all u changed, you may be triggering everything to work when lights come on. I see you found the full fix in the other thread so good luck....worked for me.

BTW, Walk Away works in Raptor R for sure. Just the 3 settings in Common spreadsheet. Reset APIM when done and make sure to clear DTC.

Yes what helped you fixed yours fixed mine as well!
Exactly what I was looking for but was also seeing if there was a chance for fog light control in full light scenarios but it appears to be an all or nothing option with the DRLs.

Please explain how you got the walk away lock to work. I tried the spreadsheet and didn’t have any luck. Maybe I missed something…. But if you can confirm that change works with just the 3 line items that would be epic. Did you do manual input or easy mode? Does it matter? Also how far away do you have to be for it to work? Did you need to reset any modules?

Side note i was trying to also get the reverse camera mirrors tilt to work as well but so far no luck.

Also for your question.
Disable Triple Ding At Start Up.
IPC - 720-01-02 - XXXX X2XX

See linked below. Found from someone else but I didn’t change the F7 to F9 I assumed it was a typo. Just changing 0 to 2 was all that was needed for me.

IPC Disable triple ding at startup720-01-02221B 90F7221B 92F9

zachery55

Reaction score
did you do the audible or non? I tried the audible and maybe that was my issue. Can’t confirm I reset the module at that time either…. Please confirm what you did and I’m doing that’s sht right now lol

zachery55

Reaction score

All is well On the western front.
I had to input 5-6 codes so my assumption is that the excel sheet has some major typos. Which is dangerous as hell.

I did the audible one with no success. Could see in the settings menu and everything but I could not enable it.
Once I input the non audible one and wrote it then bam it was enabled. I messed up and tried to cycle it off and back on in the settings…. For the love of god do not do that. I had to redo everything lol…. After I reinput it all again…. Boom it works.
The audible one worked. Which is what I wanted but I had to input the non audible codes as well to make it work. No idea why. Most importantly you have to use the 8 and not the C for the apim code. That’s what made it work. For me.

Thanks for letting me know it worked for cuz now I made it happen for me lol

I got all I wanted to work working finally.

Last edited: