Gen 3s in the wild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same, certain lighting makes it difficult to tell an Antimatter truck apart from a black one.

I haven't seen Rapid Red yet, if you find it post it here I'd love to see it.

Pretty sure this is it. Article I pulled from doesn't confirm it's Rapid Red, but it doesn't look like Race Red to me. A lot more pics at Ford Authority. This will likely be the color I'd pick, although I doubt I'll get a 2021, and colors could change. And I a clash with orange in the interior could be too much for me.

ckage-live-photos-001-front-three-quarters-758x505.jpg

Ford-Performance-gn-Generation-03-USA-flag-728x485.jpg

phics-package-live-photos-008-side-profile-728x485.jpg

OP
OP
SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is it. Article I pulled from doesn't confirm it's Rapid Red, but it doesn't look like Race Red to me. A lot more pics at Ford Authority. This will likely be the color I'd pick, although I doubt I'll get a 2021, and colors could change. And I a clash with orange in the interior could be too much for me.

ckage-live-photos-001-front-three-quarters-758x505.jpg

Ford-Performance-gn-Generation-03-USA-flag-728x485.jpg

phics-package-live-photos-008-side-profile-728x485.jpg

That's definitely Rapid Red, thanks for posting it here! And now we get to see the 3rd wheel option.. which isn't very nice lol.

Yeah im hoping they bring back avalanche grey and ditch the blue interior for all black Recaro lol. Won't happen but I can dream.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Honestly the more I see the more I think gen2.2 not gen3. Not bad truck but not getting me excited. I think I’m going to hold out to see what the Tesla truck is all about in a year. More like a evolution of a IPhone than a whole new generation of Raptor. When the gen 2 came out it was a big jump from the previous truck; i III m not feeling this this round. Maybe Ram made them accelerate their development cycle and were getting the half baked version. Just rambling what do you guys think? Anyone else excited for the Tesla truck?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly the more I see the more I think gen2.2 not gen3. Not bad truck but not getting me excited. I think I’m going to hold out to see what the Tesla truck is all about in a year. More like a evolution of a IPhone than a whole new generation of Raptor. When the gen 2 came out it was a big jump from the previous truck; i III m not feeling this this round. Maybe Ram made them accelerate their development cycle and were getting the half baked version. Just rambling what do you guys think? Anyone else excited for the Tesla truck?

Agreed that it seems a bit rushed and underwhelming. Don't agree on the Tesla. If there were charging stations all over the desert southwest where no one lives and hardly anyone ever goes, that could change, but I'd still worry about reliability.

OP
OP
SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I get why Gen 2 owners don't see this truck as a huge leap forward, still an Ecoboost, has live valve shocks, same cab as the last Generation. But the changes to the frame both in strength and with a 5 link are a massive leap forward.

Once we get a chance to drive a Gen 3 we will have a better idea.. overall I think Ford did a great job, I wasn't expecting them to come out with a Raptor that was completely different like they did back in 17 with the Gen 2.

As for the Tesla truck.. ive already put my money on Rivian and pre ordered a R1S. 3 reasons, first Ford and Amazon investing shows confidence in what Rivian is doing. Second, the charging network will be more readily accessible as they grow and means Ford would use the same network. Plus more EV brand owners would have access vs Tesla’s. Third, Rivian's R1T and R1S are more visually appealing.

I also cannot stand Tesla’s quality.. it doesn't feel nice at all.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Soooo...EVERY SINGLE THING on the truck is an improvement except looks. I mean everything and you aren't sold. Not sure what it would take to please you. This is a bigger upgrade than it was from gen 1 to gen 2. stock 37s? coil rear, more travel and clearance and on and on and on. Yeah the new one is a much much better truck inside AND out. I love my 2019 Gen 2 and won't be upgrading anytime soon but if I was in the market I wouldn't think about it twice. On paper the truck is better in every way than the TRX except hp/sound and it's better in every way than both prior gen raptors.

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score

From the outside to the inside, with the exception of the 3.5L TT HO EcoBoost (I agree it would have been nice to see something more exciting), Gen 3 is a significant advancement over Gen 2. Factory 37s, Coil Rear, new tech inside, almost every area has improved specs/performance. Regarding the Tesla truck, are you really comparing it to the Raptor? I can see comparing it to a standard F150, but the Tesla truck is no Raptor competitor. Not to take anything away from it, but could you imagine that heavy beast trying to run Baja?
I'm looking forward to seeing and learning more about the Gen 3. Think it's going to be a good platform.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Soooo...EVERY SINGLE THING on the truck is an improvement except looks. I mean everything and you aren't sold. Not sure what it would take to please you. This is a bigger upgrade than it was from gen 1 to gen 2. stock 37s? coil rear, more travel and clearance and on and on and on. Yeah the new one is a much much better truck inside AND out. I love my 2019 Gen 2 and won't be upgrading anytime soon but if I was in the market I wouldn't think about it twice. On paper the truck is better in every way than the TRX except hp/sound and it's better in every way than both prior gen raptors.
I agree but I just can’t seem to find the reason to upgrade from my 17. Linked reared is for sure a game changer. I guess I just wanted some sort of new power train/ bigger numbers. Gen 3 will be the best truck on the market for sure, if you drive anything besides a gen 2 it will be a no brainer. Maybe when I see it or sit in it I’ll feel different. Generator in bed is huge too....

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 2022 will be an interesting year to buy a truck. Tesla and Rivian should have their trucks out. TRX, Raptor and Raptor R. I have also been following Chevy and they may be entering the raptor category with a Silverado ZR2/ Z2R. Right now I personally have thrown out the idea of Tesla and TRX. The others are all possibilities for me next year...assuming I can actually find one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk