Gen 3 Aux Switch Fuse location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Sunday everyone,

To keep a long story short, I‘m trying to find the fuse location for the auxiliary switch #2 & #3. I‘ve looked online and what I’m finding doesn’t match truck. Can any of you please point me in the right direction?

TIA,

Steve

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Happy Sunday everyone,

To keep a long story short, I‘m trying to find the fuse location for the auxiliary switch #2 & #3. I‘ve looked online and what I’m finding doesn’t match truck. Can any of you please point me in the right direction?

TIA,

Steve

Hey Steve,

I marked them in the photo below. As you'll notice in the screen shots from the Manual on the center screen in the truck. The Diagram and the pages stating what is where can be a bit confusing. So in my picture with the arrows, you'll see that there is a 10 amp switch marked #3 or #1 and then there is another 15 amp switch marked with #1 or #3.

That is where the manual gets confusing. It says that the 15amp switch is #1 and the 10amp switch is #3. However, they SWITCH (no pun intended) those if you have the 801A package with the stock fog lights. They don't physically move the fuses. The flip flop the wires underneath. So your Aux 1 becomes the 10 amp with the less demanding draw and your Aux 3 becomes the 15 amp.

It sucks that they just don't tell you that.

If you can't find this fuse box. It is located right behind the battery toward the cab.

Hope this helps!!

John

SPV Parts

i.jpgt.jpgu.jpgy.jpg

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just spoke to someone on the phone with a 2024 about fuse locations. Ford eliminated the model without the fog lights now. So every Raptor in 23 I believe but for sure 24 now comes with the base fog kit. Yet they still show outdated information in the digital manual.
This is where they swapped the 15amp Aux 1 and the 10 amp Aux 3. To do this, they actually moved the wire in the fuse locations between those 10 and 15 amp fuses.
Apparently the manual still reflects, saying Aux 1 is 15 amps and Aux 3 is 10, when that is backwards always now, since the fog kits are standard.

I thought it would be good to resurface this information and these diagrams for help for everyone. In fact, it may be a good thing for a “sticky” post.

That said, it seems that for 2024, Ford just moved all the fuses around randomly, but still has the Aux 1 and 3 listed backwards. So here are updated manual diagrams, as well as an updated picture notating the correct fuse locations for switch wires.

80.jpg79.jpg81.jpg

Last edited:

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One thing of note for those looking for these fuses. They can be a little hard to find because they are specialty fuses. Often times, especially on the RECTANGLE ones and Square ones, (M-Case & J_Case Slotted), consumers had gone to the dealers who generally didn't stock them. So they would order them from Ford. Ford would buy them from "The Little Fuse Company" (Brand) and package them in their blue and white Ford Parts bags and sell them to the dealers for around $8 each. Then the dealers would mark them up to about $16 each and add on that $5 for shipping. So the one fuse would run about $21.
We saw a lot of frustrated customers out there and a few years ago just started buying them in bulk and put together some discounted fuse kits so people could have spares but not have their heads ripped off.
So for the 2015-2024, The trucks use J-Case Slotted, M-Case SHORT and Micro 2 & 3 Blade fuses. These fuses will also work for any Ford vehicle from 15-24. For 2008-2014 they use the J-Case Short and MINI blade Fuses.

We originally put these together to help with an inexpensive and easy access solution. So there isn't much markup in them. It has helped a lot of people though.

Here are links to those kits. There is one for the Gen 2/3 Switches (one for all 6) and then a general kit which has at LEAST 1 of EVERY Style/Size fuse in the vehicle and the more common ones, it has 2.