front diff leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noticed this leaking seal I'm guessing? front diff passenger side. clear fluid.
2018 screw
taking to dealer tomorrow just seeing what yall thought?
thx

20190806_143051.jpg

20190806_143103.jpg

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like water? Maybe condensation from the A/C system. Diff fluid is not clear at least any of what I have seen.

OP
OP
Simplejack

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my a/c on and followed it down, its separate than that and it has some viscosity to the fluid. that atleast answers my diff fluid question. appreciate the reply

OP
OP
Simplejack

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI it is oil, its synthetic hypoid gear lubricant in diff. per manual. looks more like hydraulic oil best I can describe it. took it to dealer this morning. will let yall know what they say when get back incase anyone else has same issue.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the same leak on the passenger side also, noticed it last oil change.

Mine isn’t enough to drip at this point, but thanks for posting and will follow your thread.

OP
OP
Simplejack

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's when I noticed mine as well, doing my own oil change. here is verdict. They say its residual oil from changing oil. I told him there is nothing leaking from top down it's all confined to axle in the pic. I showed them clear oil which he saw but said they couldn't find anything. Tests they did were= coolant pressure test, engine oil leak test, transmission fluid leak test, 5 mile road test. nothing about front diff. I got a fumoto valve which is not leaking. I let everything drain I'm not messy and it's not used oil color. atleast its documented

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow dealers suck. Yeah that’s the reason I usually watch stuff for a while before taking it in.
Ridiculous waste your of time, at least you can just put a new nut clip in to fix that.