Found the water leak, but how do I fix??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Found the water leak, but how do I fix??

2020 Raptor. A few weeks ago I noticed sloshing sounds on front passenger side while driving after a heavy rain. Assumed it was the door drains being clogged. Pulled over and shook the door and heard nothing. Cleaned the door drains anyway. Noticed the carpets near the cable wire tray were damp. Pulled the floor plates and the entire wire tray was full of water. Went into investigation mode. Got out the garden hose and tried to pinpoint the area where the water might be coming in.

Checked both doors on passenger side…Nothing.

Checked the back glass…nothing.

Checked the back sliding window…nothing.

Checked the cabin air pressure vents behind back seats…nothing.

Checked back brake light… nothing.

Checked sunroof… nothing.

Checked market lights on top… nothing.

Checked satellite radio antenna… nothing.

Made my way to the front passenger side A pillar. Placed the hose where water could come down the windshield but only in the corner. Boom. Water. Windshield seems fine so I’m not sure how the water is getting in. But it’s traveling down the A pillar and collecting at the bottom until it gets full enough that it’s spilling out into the cab from the hole right next to the fuse box and wiring. (Pics).

There is a small piece of foam there I’m assuming to keep the wires from rubbing up against the metal frame, but there isn’t a proper seal anywhere so water just comes in down.

The question I have is…

1. How is water getting into the pillar, and is it normal?

2. If it is normal, why isn’t it draining properly underneath the truck? Is there a drainage hole somewhere that might be plugged?

Some folks on Reddit seem to think it’s the sunroof drains but it seems to be happening when I put the hose on the windshield so that doesn’t really make any sense to me???IMG_3171.jpegIMG_3172.jpeg

NorCalSteve

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue on my 2020 Raptor. Dealer has replaced cab vents, rear window assembly, 3rd brake light, and one of door gaskets. Water is filling passenger rocker, sloshing out of front passenger door sill and soaking carpet. Now dealer says it’s a crack on firewall. It’s going into body shop to be welded and seam sealed. Pretty frustrated with time it’s taking but dealer is not charging me and have been giving me loaners. Total time at dealer for 3 repairs is 8 weeks and they expect to have it another 2 weeks at body shop. I hope this fixes it.