Ford release new Gen 3 video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spowers723

Reaction score
Ford rep told my buddy who works at dealer HP will be the same. I don’t get it though. They can easily tune the engine and produce more. He did say it was tuned to Make it more responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the new truck. Especially with the 37s. Not going to trade in my 2020 just yet though.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I’m a dolt but I’m still seeing a solid axle. Yes, no leafs.

And I gotta say, it makes me laugh when I see the trailing arms and know the ones on my X3 X RC are probably beefier. Lol.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like the new truck. Especially with the 37s. Not going to trade in my 2020 just yet though.

I think a nice bump would be in order to keep performance
up with the 37 package. Takes more to turn those things.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford rep told my buddy who works at dealer HP will be the same. I don’t get it though. They can easily tune the engine and produce more.

Yeah, but Ford pays for warranty repairs. I'm not surprised that they've gotten as much as they can reliably at this point, especially if it has to run on 87. They're well over 2hp/ci, which by my 1970s yardstick is really sick.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford rep told my buddy who works at dealer HP will be the same. I don’t get it though. They can easily tune the engine and produce more. He did say it was tuned to Make it more responsive.

If there is identical output for the motor, that would be sad! I hate to say it but the Regular F-150 looks better than the Gen 3.... front very boxy and hideous! Tailgate applicate looks too small and cartoony.... please save the Gen 3 Raptor R!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but Ford pays for warranty repairs. I'm not surprised that they've gotten as much as they can reliably at this point, especially if it has to run on 87. They're well over 2hp/ci, which by my 1970s yardstick is really sick.

Probably also to do with emissions, fuel mileage, and maybe Ford doesn’t want to spend a lot of time back in the engine room at this point. The current 3.5TT is still a very respectable performer in this platform and ahead of most everything else.

But to motivate people to upgrade, about another 50HP bump as they did with the Gen 1 to Gen 2 would be respectable. People will almost always expect power improvements with new models. Especially on a performance vehicle. If the R comes out, I gather they will hang there hat on it.

Spowers723

Reaction score
Probably also to do with emissions, fuel mileage, and maybe Ford doesn’t want to spend a lot of time back in the engine room at this point. The current 3.5TT is still a very respectable performer in this platform and ahead of most everything else.

But to motivate people to upgrade, about another 50HP bump as they did with the Gen 1 to Gen 2 would be respectable. People will almost always expect power improvements with new models. Especially on a performance vehicle. If the R comes out, I gather they will hang there hat on it.
Another dealer called me (I reached out to them for info 2 weeks ago) and said there was a training class for them next week and they expect to have more info..... we shall see

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But to motivate people to upgrade, about another 50HP bump as they did with the Gen 1 to Gen 2 would be respectable. People will almost always expect power improvements with new models. Especially on a performance vehicle.

Maybe they don't need to motivate people to upgrade. For every customer that upgrades, a used gen 2 hits the market. Direct competition. Their model might just be to keep selling new ones as the old ones age out. Which probably describes their market model for the F150. Raptors are no longer scarce, and there was no two-year break to build demand, so it feels like a mild upgrade to an existing model. The things that interest me in upgrading once the dust has settled are the new rear suspension and 37s. For me, Raptor is all about the suspension.