Ford Raptor XT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
that things gonna look awesome...
maybe that's what I should do instead

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I Google Image searched "tonka truck" and got this
images

Dont know what the hell Google is up to, but I think the hood is not fiberglass its a composite... Back to good ole Bing I guess

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Plastic?
I'm not sure what your referring to

Yes it is, looks like I posted this pic In the wrong thread, should have gone in the Eco boost thread

Plastic front bumber wrap-arounds too - not exactly bush material, but I guess it will suffice if you dont nail anything more solid than a tumbleweed...
Too bad all I got is rocks and trees around here...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fenders and hood are plastic, bedsides are steel.

I know, thats why I stated "plastic and tin" in my first post.

There are fiberglass, not plastic

I still believe they're plastic. Or a complex composite form of plastic or polyurethane. When I think fiberglass, I think hand laid or blown strands of fiber glass applied in a mold glued together with resin. The Raptor fenders are not that, or at least don't look like that. Even if you look at them from the insides, the texture is smooth and uniform, like its an injection or poured mold. They're also pretty flexible for how thick they are which also leads me away from fiberglass.

I don't want to sound like I'm dogging the fenders nor turn this into a pointless argument. Whatever material that it is they are made out of seems to be working just fine. They look good imo, and haven't fallen apart or cracked (yet). I just don't buy they are anything close to fiberglass.... Now if they looked liked the carbon fiber that my Saleen hood is made out of, I would agree fiberglass....
DSC00598.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Composite it my world means carbon fiber....which they are definitely not. Otherwise they are a fiberglass reinforced plastic aka composite aka fiberglass. but that's just speculation.