Florida ravelco or other anti theft devices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
New here and finally got my 24 raptor r. Being a truck like this I’m looking to do something to hopefully deter and reduce any potential problems; I’ve looking into igla, compustar and revelco. Compustar and igla do not have software for the 24 models out yet. I spoke with Ravelco Florida but has seen zero reviews and have read many horror stories about installations going badly. I am having a hard time getting around to hacking into the harness of a brand new 100k+ truck. Anyone used Florida revelco? I saw on trx forum about a guy who had revelco in Florida cause some nasty dash lights etc. Maybe I need to go elsewhere for install? Any alternatives that could be recommended that don’t require cutting or splicing into the wiring? I have a key pouch as well as gps. But would like something else in addition. Thanks!

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would wait for IGLA and Compustar, personally.
Thanks for your reply. Could you elaborate as to why? I’m coming from a place of zero experience with aftermarket anti-theft solutions but have heard the ravelco brand for many many years. As a mechanical-fancy kill switch kinda device it makes sense to me. The igla and Compustar definitely look interesting but have a lot more of an invasive install and I’m really concerned about the gremlins they may bring. Certainly anything could come with issues but I’m wondering the pros and cons of each. Have you had any of these yourself? Or maybe something else?
-edit- I want something soon. Zero word form the companies of when they will come out with new hardware. A dealer called for me and said they have no idea -

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the revelco, the installer did a excellent job

wac45

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Could you elaborate as to why? I’m coming from a place of zero experience with aftermarket anti-theft solutions but have heard the ravelco brand for many many years. As a mechanical-fancy kill switch kinda device it makes sense to me. The igla and Compustar definitely look interesting but have a lot more of an invasive install and I’m really concerned about the gremlins they may bring. Certainly anything could come with issues but I’m wondering the pros and cons of each. Have you had any of these yourself? Or maybe something else?
-edit- I want something soon. Zero word form the companies of when they will come out with new hardware. A dealer called for me and said they have no idea -
So I have Revelco on my TRX. The installer came to my house and did an excellent job. The dealer was out of Miami, go on Revelco website and you can find their dealers, I don't recall the name off the top of my head. At the time I went for the Revelco mainly because it seemed like a simpler system, less prone to gremnlins as you mentioned.

Now having said that, you may want to research IGLA. There is a lot of info on the TRX forum about the Revelco being easily bypassed. In fact one guy on there had his truck stolen even though the Revelco plug was out. One of the IGLA dealers has challenged the Revelco company $10k saying he can bypass Revelco in 15 seconds. According to him Revelco will not respond to him. (he actually has a video out there that shows him doing it) I am just giving you this information so you can look into it for yourself. I have no first hand experience with the effectiveness of either system.