Evil Manufacturing/Off road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I see these type of threads, I usually refrain from posting anything negative as most people, naturally, only like to write reviews when something doesn’t go right. I’ve given Doug plenty of time to correct an issue and I believe now it’s time to write my story.

Let me start by saying I had a great experience with Doug when I ordered a frame cut bumper and IC from him January 2023. Great communication, received the bumper and IC in a timely manner and it all fit without an issue.

When I got the itch to order a rear bumper and bed mounted tire carrier, I reached out to Doug again. Doug answered the phone on the first try, answered all of my questions and although they just moved their company from CA to NV, the parts would be ready to ship within 10-days of me placing the order. Great, I had to reason to doubt him based on my previous experience….I was wrong.

7-10 days turned into 3.5 months and the bumper was built correctly and to this day, I’m still waiting for a replacement bumper…

Below are screenshots of our email chain so there’s no he/she said BS.

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg
IMG_0077.jpegIMG_0078.jpeg

Last edited:

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_0094.jpeg
IMG_0095.jpeg

I finally received the parts on January 8th, two days prior to me leaving for Snoball. The tire carrier was an easy install however, the rear bumper required time I didn’t have to get it to fit. The holes for the parking sensors were too small so I had to enlarge those. The mounting holes were too small for the factory hardware to fit and since they neglected to include the new hardware in the shipment, I had to make a run to Home Depot to find appropriate bolts to mount the bumper. Mounted the bumper and guess what, the damn tailgate contacts it when you lower it….even after Doug confirmed my bumper wouldn’t have this issue.

Last edited:

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After we returned to Snoball, I sent Doug a follow up email with concerns to the bumper.

IMG_0097.png

IMG_0098.jpeg

IMG_0096.jpeg

I have not heard back from Doug since he last email in February. I sent him an email earlier this week that he has until Friday to give me an update on my bumper or he can provide me with a refund and I’ll ship the original bumper back to him. Otherwise I’ll be filing a dispute with my credit card company. I’m not sure if they’ll do anything since several months have passed by but it’s worth a shot.

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds all too familiar. Excuse after excuse. Got my gas tank holder today, months after my order, and SURPRISE it's missing hardware. I'm not going to waste my time reaching out to him for the rest of the parts. What's the point! I'm just happy this concludes all my business dealings with him/Evil. I'm still having to fabricate light mounts for the rear bumper back up lights but I'm going to fab some custom brackets that will be bada$$ (trying to stay positive about it). I removed the Evil sticker off my truck and will NEVER order from them again. As a small business owner myself I'm never one to publicly post negative experiences about other small business and prefer to just learn from my experiences and move on but this one was sooooo bad I had to let others know before falling into the same hole I did.......
And I do(did) consider myself a loyal customer.
Purchases include.....
Front bumper
Rear bumper
Gas can holder
Baja mirrors
Dead petal