Door seal Mod / Improvement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$32.99 for the black rubber latex tubing on Amazon
50' and1/16" wall and 3/8 OD
Is this the one to use?

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$32.99 for the black rubber latex tubing on Amazon
50' and1/16" wall and 3/8 OD
Is this the one to use?

yup thats the size i used. it was harder to pull the tubing though the weather stripping because the super cab uses one really long pice of weather stripping to go around the entire front and back door. you just have more stripping to pull the tube through, its not that much more but it makes a difference. just make sure you use a SHIT TON OF LUBE.

Also in the super cab there is about a 6 inch section of the weather stripping that is filled with this rubbery type stuff that you have to remove to get the tubing through. you have to make a small cut in the chamber that you are running the tubing through and you can (carefully) pull the entire rubbery filling out the small hole. just dont pull it out to fast because it will break and then you have to make another hole.

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup thats the size i used. it was harder to pull the tubing though the weather stripping because the super cab uses one really long pice of weather stripping to go around the entire front and back door. you just have more stripping to pull the tube through, its not that much more but it makes a difference. just make sure you use a SHIT TON OF LUBE.

Also in the super cab there is about a 6 inch section of the weather stripping that is filled with this rubbery type stuff that you have to remove to get the tubing through. you have to make a small cut in the chamber that you are running the tubing through and you can (carefully) pull the entire rubbery filling out the small hole. just dont pull it out to fast because it will break and then you have to make another hole.

Maybe that Rubbery type stuff is there for a reason........ lol you took it out? Now the doors will rattle even more...... lol

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe that Rubbery type stuff is there for a reason........ lol you took it out? Now the doors will rattle even more...... lol

Well in order to do the door seal mod you have to remove it, so yes i did. And no it does not rattle at all, its better than before. The rear doors on my super cab don’t really sound a whole lot better than they did before when you shut them. But now you can slam the shit out of the front ones and they sound great.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Well in order to do the door seal mod you have to remove it, so yes i did. And no it does not rattle at all, its better than before. The rear doors on my super cab don’t really sound a whole lot better than they did before when you shut them. But now you can slam the shit out of the front ones and they sound great.

i already have to slam my front driver's door to make sure it closes all the way. i know others have noticed the same thing. does this mod make it worse?

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of my doors would rattle pretty bad over washboards. Since I live in the middle of nowhere I have to drive a few hundred km over gravel to get to civilization so it was brutal listening to the doors. I was considering this mod but I had the dealer adjust the latches and it's 100% now.

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i already have to slam my front driver's door to make sure it closes all the way. i know others have noticed the same thing. does this mod make it worse?

yeah my doors where harder to shut before i did it to. it definitely makes it worse but not to much. i dont notice it anymore b/c when you slam it hard it doesnt sound like you are slamming it. it sounds nice and smooooooth. everyone once in a while i wont close it hard enough and it wont shut all the way,