Detailing tip: WeatherTech Floorliners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I found the best method for cleaning the WeatherTech's is to use Westley's Bleach White with a stiff tire brush.

When dry, mist(small amount) some leather/vinyl cleaner on and wipe with a damp terry cloth towel. The cleaner gets the remaining dust/dirt that's embedded in the texture of the liners and leaves a slight sheen ***and it is not slippery like Armor All***.

Even after scrubbing the mats twice and rinsing them with a hose...the rag was still brown after I wiped them down with the leather cleaner. I used Meguiars Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I simply douse the rubber floor mats with the hose, squirt some car wash soap on them... spray to make it foam, then I use my wife's kitchen broom (nylon bristles) to sweep them... I can stand upright, and the broom's bristles get in the grooves very well... hose off, then stand them upright against my garage wall to drip dry.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually kinda have the same process, but with Surf City Garage's "beyond black" tire shine. (I use the same product on the step bars too).

They're slippery as shit at first, but within an hour they're super black, clean, no gloss and look incredible.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, the 2010's have a hook in the floor and the 2011's have the button things.