Could Sync 3 be draining my battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crookedAVI

Reaction score
Hello everyone

i own a 2014 Raptor

The person i bought it from, bought it from someone who upgraded to sync 3

Currently i have been having issues where my truck is dying. I go outside one day and nothing worked. The fob, the hazards, couldnt get anything to light up when i put the key in; nothing. So i jumped in and figured it was a low battery. Next day, same issue and i decided it was time to just replace the battery. Went to Ford and bought the OEM battery

I install it (didnt do the BMS reset :/ ) but it started immediately. Two days later, same issue. I jump the car, drive around so the battery gets fully charged then disconnected the negative terminal. I let it sit for a day and a half, reconnect and it starts up immediately. Clearly something is drawing power while it is off.

I haven't run a a parasite draw test but I'm wondering, could it be the upgrade to Sync 3 that is causing this issue? or the radio in general?

Anyone have a similar issue?

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone

i own a 2014 Raptor

The person i bought it from, bought it from someone who upgraded to sync 3

Currently i have been having issues where my truck is dying. I go outside one day and nothing worked. The fob, the hazards, couldnt get anything to light up when i put the key in; nothing. So i jumped in and figured it was a low battery. Next day, same issue and i decided it was time to just replace the battery. Went to Ford and bought the OEM battery

I install it (didnt do the BMS reset :/ ) but it started immediately. Two days later, same issue. I jump the car, drive around so the battery gets fully charged then disconnected the negative terminal. I let it sit for a day and a half, reconnect and it starts up immediately. Clearly something is drawing power while it is off.

I haven't run a a parasite draw test but I'm wondering, could it be the upgrade to Sync 3 that is causing this issue? or the radio in general?

Anyone have a similar issue?
You might want to post a pic of this Prius with battery issues.
To go from full charge to dead overnight would be quite the draw. Find the fuse pull it to see if it fixes the problem.
Got to be hot with the key off fuse.

OP
OP
C

crookedAVI

Reaction score
You might want to post a pic of this Prius with battery issues.
To go from full charge to dead overnight would be quite the draw. Find the fuse pull it to see if it fixes the problem.
Got to be hot with the key off fuse.
Yah its like a day and a half later, dead

Could it be something caused by my alternator possibly?

I know i hear a whining noise when i drive it, now (which could be an alternator and a separate issue from the drain issue)

This is why electrical issues are a pain in the ass lol

Also sorry for the stupidity what do you mean by it has to be hot with the key off fuse?

CWW

Reaction score
The upgrade can kill the battery. I just saw a fix from another forum.

Attachments

• IMG_1963.png
    IMG_1963.png
    765.9 KB · Views: 4