Colorado and Utah Trails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a road trip to CO and UT. First stop was Colorado Springs. So, headed up Pikes Peak, camped in Woodlands Park and took Rampart Range road down. Then headed over to Silverton and took the Alpine Loop over Cinnamon and Engineers Passes. Went back to Ouray to do Imogene Pass. I was unable to get started on Imogene. One entrance had a two foot ledge that would have high centered on and another had some serious drop offs sure cause damage. I'm not sure if I missed the correct entrance or if weather and use had caused some serious trail damage. In any case moved on to do the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP, UT.

Sorry for duplicate photos and the order is somewhat off. Rather than fight the site. I'll leave it as is.

The switchbacks were exciting and made good use of the front camera when topping steep hills. The width of the Raptor was not an issue except when encountering oncoming traffic on a narrow steep trail.

IMG_2403.jpg IMG_2434.jpg IMG_2439.jpg IMG_2431.jpg IMG_2419.jpg IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

Last edited:

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jealous... Need to make it back to Ouray and check on family mines, etc. Those Earth Roamers are HUGE. How did you ever get by them?

OP
OP
NHbeast

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jealous... Need to make it back to Ouray and check on family mines, etc. Those Earth Roamers are HUGE. How did you ever get by them?
They had just come down some switchbacks, we passed at a wide spot. They were starting the trail going clockwise. I was running it counter clockwise. Just finishing.

There are two sections Hardscrabble and Murphy Hogback that were the most challenging part of the 90 mile trail. If you encountered anyone in the middle of one of those sections someone would need to reverse through some sections that were not easy going forward.

Those Roamers were traveling with a support Tacoma and a couple motorcycles. They were probably there to scout ahead and clear trail to avoid close encounters.

I encountered close to a hundred mountain bikers. They all had support vehicles run by tour organizers or were independents. Saw quite a few motorcycles too. People traveling on four tires seemed to be in the minority.