Car and Driver Article - 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to guess that Horsepower Kings knows exactly what we do and thats it. They most likely made that article in hopes of being correct. If they are correct they will gain credibility and look like they have some super secret info that no one else has, or they could crash and burn and look even stupider than they already do most of the time.

HPK is banking on everyone complaining about the ttv6 and having Ford change it up and offer a ttv8.

I think a ttv8 is a long shot for Ford at this point.

They made that article in hopes that you would click on it and click ads on their site.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This forum alone does not make up 1/3 of the raptor produced.

I was going to say something about this in the v8/v6 poll thread. Your statement accounts for the total members as well. If we could find how many are actually active on a regular basis, it would be even less.

Click Here to Save On ADD Bumper Shipping!

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on people... If the new Ford GT is getting a v6TT why the **** would Ford put a more powerful v8TT in a much much cheaper truck?? It's just common sense that the v8TT is not happening, not unless they make it and you can purchase it from ford racing as a crate engine for an additional $30k+

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I didn't know this same website was the same one claiming Ford was phasing out V8s...seems stupid to post an article like that to then come out with an article claiming a new V8 is going into both the Mustang and F150 as late as 2018. That's reason enough not to believe this article. They are talking out of both sides of their ass

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on people... If the new Ford GT is getting a v6TT why the **** would Ford put a more powerful v8TT in a much much cheaper truck?? It's just common sense that the v8TT is not happening, not unless they make it and you can purchase it from ford racing as a crate engine for an additional $30k+

Why do they offer a V8 in the Mustang 350/GT350?

And I don't think a V8 option in the Raptor would put out more power than the Ford GT. Just more displacement and cylinders.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still can't get past it looking like it has Cleft Palate. Think I will just keep mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk