Best Air lift kits for trailering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you going to be towing? Unless it is fairly heavy, you don't need to do anything to it.

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you going to be towing? Unless it is fairly heavy, you don't need to do anything to it.

I am towing a race car on an aluminum open trailer. Even with 300-400 lbs tongue weight my 2019 sags terribly. My last tow vehicle had self-leveling air suspension so I got spoiled. I have ZERO tolerance for sag and want the truck perfectly level when towing. I tried Timbrens but there is still 1" of sag and they ride poorly especially with an empty trailer.

The airbag setup will be easily removable if desired, like in the winter when I am not towing/racing (Two bolts and an AN airline fitting and it's off, the brackets and cradles can just stay in place). And with the Daystar cradles it will not limit the suspension travel as the bags are not connected on the bottom. Internal bump stops on these particular airbags will serve in place of the stock bumps, but I doubt I will ever hit them for how I use the truck.

I don't jump my truck. Do some light offroading but nothing crazy. I looked at the Fox nitrogen shock solution as well but the fab required is $$$. If I were doing heavy offroading that's the solution I would go with. For me I think the airbag setup will work great.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am towing a race car on an aluminum open trailer. Even with 300-400 lbs tongue weight my 2019 sags terribly. My last tow vehicle had self-leveling air suspension so I got spoiled. I have ZERO tolerance for sag and want the truck perfectly level when towing. I tried Timbrens but there is still 1" of sag and they ride poorly especially with an empty trailer.

The airbag setup will be easily removable if desired, like in the winter when I am not towing/racing (Two bolts and an AN airline fitting and it's off, the brackets and cradles can just stay in place). And with the Daystar cradles it will not limit the suspension travel as the bags are not connected on the bottom. Internal bump stops on these particular airbags will serve in place of the stock bumps, but I doubt I will ever hit them for how I use the truck.

I don't jump my truck. Do some light offroading but nothing crazy. I looked at the Fox nitrogen shock solution as well but the fab required is $$$. If I were doing heavy offroading that's the solution I would go with. For me I think the airbag setup will work great.

Agree with your assessment. 400# is a lot of tongue weight.

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with your assessment. 400# is a lot of tongue weight.

Not really IMO. 15% tongue weight on a 5000lb trailer is 750lbs. Raptor SCREW can tow 8000 so I'm still pretty far below that. Fully loaded with the car and extra tires/wheels on the trailer I'm about 5000lbs including the stuff in the bed for a track weekend.

Am missing something on tongue weight specs for the Raptor?

I'm using a Weighsafe scale hitch.

My trailer cannot accommodate a WDH.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really IMO. 15% tongue weight on a 5000lb trailer is 750lbs. Raptor SCREW can tow 8000 so I'm still pretty far below that. Fully loaded with the car and extra tires/wheels on the trailer I'm about 5000lbs including the stuff in the bed for a track weekend.

Am missing something on tongue weight specs for the Raptor?

I'm using a Weighsafe scale hitch.

My trailer cannot accommodate a WDH.
I didn't mean that it is a lot in terms of the Rap's capacity. I meant that is fairly heavy and WILL sag the rear suspension, which is what you were concerned about in your post.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor max towing and tongue weight specs of 8000/800 assume WDH. Standard weight carrying hitch capacity is 5000/500. Good luck

Last edited:

Zilla

Reaction score
I've been researching this like crazy. After my own research I have settled on the Firestone airbag kit. The others are good options too but I think for heavy towing airbags are the way to go unless you want to spend a ton of coin.

Was this on a Gen2? I bought an Air Lift kit for my 2019 and couldn’t get it in. Then called airlift and they said it won’t work.

I then went to firestone and seems like they only make kits for Gen1.

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was this on a Gen2? I bought an Air Lift kit for my 2019 and couldn’t get it in. Then called airlift and they said it won’t work.

I then went to firestone and seems like they only make kits for Gen1.

There are no bolt on kits for the Gen2 Raptor...only for the Gen 1. See the link above that shows how to fabricate your own.

Last edited: