Bad Gateway Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbeaman

Reaction score
Finally got my GEN3 delivered after 9 month wait from order and 5 month wait since it was build.

SOO, went and picked it up and on way home the central display screen went black and radio went dead. Took it back to dealer and they did jump right on it and they said the "gateway module" went bad. The found one in Portland (I am in the Seattle area) and now waiting for that part to arrive. Anyone hear heard of this part going bad so quick? I guess like computers... electronic items have a high infant mortality rate, and if you get by a few days, the electronics should be fine. Frustrating to wait this long, get the truck for a day, the back to the dealership shop for a week... they did give me a basis Bronco to play with in the mean time. woopee.. baby blue to top it off!!

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it is a Covid build with electronic component supply constraints… ie, use whatever they could find. Exactly why it is just not smart buying vehicles now with all the questionable components, suppliers, quality, and… the premium price paid that is an instant loss.
It’s absolutely crazy to see do many people try and buy vehicles right now - just not financially wise.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, it is a Covid build with electronic component supply constraints… ie, use whatever they could find. Exactly why it is just not smart buying vehicles now with all the questionable components, suppliers, quality, and… the premium price paid that is an instant loss.
It’s absolutely crazy to see do many people try and buy vehicles right now - just not financially wise.
We all understand it’s troubled times right now but be honest. Are you saying this so someone will back out so you can slide in?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop trolling this guy Kuan/sasquatch. You feed off of people's insecurities, yet you don't have even the slightest clue what you're talking about.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got my GEN3 delivered after 9 month wait from order and 5 month wait since it was build.

SOO, went and picked it up and on way home the central display screen went black and radio went dead. Took it back to dealer and they did jump right on it and they said the "gateway module" went bad. The found one in Portland (I am in the Seattle area) and now waiting for that part to arrive. Anyone hear heard of this part going bad so quick? I guess like computers... electronic items have a high infant mortality rate, and if you get by a few days, the electronics should be fine. Frustrating to wait this long, get the truck for a day, the back to the dealership shop for a week... they did give me a basis Bronco to play with in the mean time. woopee.. baby blue to top it off!!
The gateway module is not a common failure, especially not with the new network security infrastructure implemented in 2021+ models. The previous GWM was located behind the DLC; on the new models it's buried behind the dash to restrict access. Hopefully the dealership diagnosis is correct and you'll be get your truck back soon! As always, better to have a defect show up at low mileage than encounter it out of warranty.