GEN 2 B and O stereo great sound not loud enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I want to make sure I’m hearing this correct. When I look at the buy list. It needs A to B from Zen $450 then the speakers I already know are Hertz, amps JL two Amps, and a subwoofer that is built to go under rear seat. Is it correct that the Stock amp for B and O is going to remain working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no. it gets removed from the system. the plugs that go to the amp, now go to the zen module. from there use rca or optical output from the zen to the amplifiers. the zen module retains all the factory warning chimes. one thing to be sure of though is to use channels 7&8 to the rear speakers or else you lose your backup tone. channels 1-6 are for the fronts if you run an active front stage, but you only need to use 1&2 if you arent going active

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it correct that the Stock amp for B and O is going to remain working?

No....you remove it. essentially, the ZEN A2B replaces the factory amp. it is what allows your truck, to talk to your audio system. you will retain your phone, nav voice prompts, warning chimes, back up sensors......but not have the ****** B&O dsp.

You will have the holy grail of factory radio upgrades....retain 100% of the stock function of the head unit, but have a clean digital signal with no DSP added to it. You then build your system up from there.

OP
OP
M

Mark Basler

Reaction score
So above my pay grade . I get Zen a to B . Then the new speakers, amps and subwoofers go in. Remove the pie plate subwoofer and b and O amp . The Zen really allows truck to maintain all Sync 3 and items truck does ? I am nervous to have shop go into truck. They do work on Rolls , Ferrari and All the Miller autos in Greenwich Ct I’m so bummed out that B and O is just not loud when driving I’m even thinking of having Deadening on doors and back carpartment done first so I can see how it sounds before tearing into it.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sound deadening will help, but at that point you are better off doing sound deadening through out the entire truck. and while its all apart, replace the speakers.

yes the zen module keeps all your features in the truck.

OP
OP
M

Mark Basler

Reaction score
This all started by me tuning truck and adding intercooler and Intake.i put 4 set lights . I then went to get CI ****** Laser/radar system . Now I’m going to have truck lined with deadening and add $$$$$$

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I’m going to have truck lined with deadening and add $$$$$$

for the record....i did not do any sound deadening at all. I did my stereo 18 months ago, and didnt want the weight of smell of the dynamat sound deadening. IT is a truck, not a rolls. full of hard plastics and such. thats where the extra power and better speakers come in to overpower any noise.

My plan is to go back and do sound deadening this summer when I refresh all the speakers with some newer stuff. I don't miss that i diddnt do any sound treatment, but now that cost will not be as impactfull and i will think of it as a major enhancement to my truck to refresh it.

Donm

Reaction score
Some really good advice in this thread!! I am having mine done this week exactly as advised above. $600 for the Zen piece though. Can't wait to hear the results later this week. I know it will be amazing since the guy at the shop doing the work said " I want to live in your truck once this is done"

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some really good advice in this thread!! I am having mine done this week exactly as advised above. $600 for the Zen piece though. Can't wait to hear the results later this week. I know it will be amazing since the guy at the shop doing the work said " I want to live in your truck once this is done"
where abouts in colorado are you? who is doing the work? im currently in thornton at the moment.