ATTN: Birdman, what's your "detailer's secret"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I see pics of your scab, I can't believe how good it looks...

Back when I had my Atomic Orange Z06, I had a local guy wash/clay/wash/polish/wax/wax for $350 bucks... He spent working on the car from 8am until 4:30pm detailing the Corvette... but the end result was Phenomenal!

One the initial dealership blemishes/brake dust from the railroad cars was removed with the clay... the polish removed all the swirl marks and and it was a night and day difference in the finish... but most importantly, once this initial expensive detail was done... it was rather easy for me to wash it and as long as I used my gas powered blower to get the water off and then thick new cotton towels to dry... I simply used McGuire's Quick Detail spray wax with some micro-fiber towels and I only had to have the detail guy do his magic maybe 3 times a year... the rest, I could maintain.

But then again, I'm very AA ****-retentive and what my vehicles looking "showroom floor" new all the time... This guy's supposed to do the same to my Raptor maybe Wednesday or Thursday this week after it rains tomorrow Tuesday...

I've never had a black vehicle detailed to this extent before... even when I had the black 2009 Porsche, I never got around to having him clay and polish it... and I find the pictures of your Raptor absolutely amazing.... whatever you've done, you've done something right!

birdman-18.gif

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm about to run over mine tonight real quick to get some scratches out of it. Hope to have a decent shine to it soon. His truck does look beast, though!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Clay,(random orbital) machine polishing,(random orbital) machine cleaner wax, then top coat with AutoGlym HD wax(hand).

the tires and running boards i use westley's bleach white 2-3 times and then meguiars hot wheels tire shine or endurance(the endurance tends to sling off more than the hot wheels)

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clay,(random orbital) machine polishing,(random orbital) machine cleaner wax, then top coat with AutoGlym HD wax(hand).

the tires and running boards i use westley's bleach white 2-3 times and then meguiars hot wheels tire shine or endurance(the endurance tends to sling off more than the hot wheels)

you for got to mention not actually using the truck what it was meant for... ya street queen :supergay:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Lol.
How long until one of us starts a thread about pickin on Street Queens and their Raptors...

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol.
How long until one of us starts a thread about pickin on Street Queens and their Raptors...

Check the Bird's posts and there you will find all the threads you want.. LMAO... If his street queen was any more "nice & shiny" we would think it was a Toyota TRD.... ouch! them fight'n words right there...:Jedi:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Check the Bird's posts and there you will find all the threads you want.. LMAO... If his street queen was any more "nice & shiny" we would think it was a Toyota TRD.... ouch! them fight'n words right there...:Jedi:

LMAO - exactly. I think we can ruffle a few feathers if we get creative...