Anyone think about trading their 2013 for a 2014?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ruby Red is a bea-uti-ful color! Ruby Red Raptor with black wheels would look bad a$$. We have a '13 EB FLEX in that color...

Flex02.jpg

Flex04.jpg

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the general consensus is we wont see the special models until the 2nd MY of a redesign, likely to be 2016. Something to keep in mind. Personally I wouldn't bother to upgrade I'll be waiting to see what the next gen is like then I'll wait until the second year of a new Raptor if I want to get one.

Richie_chi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering it, I love my truck but I honestly could part with a raptor for 3 or 4 months to get a year newer one with no miles. Mine only has 11,000 miles so I should be able to get another new one at 50 over invoice for what I could sell mine for

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been thinking about selling my 2013 and ordering a 2014 Ruby Red Metallic SE. Depending on the price of course, if there's a huge price escalation, probably won't. I should be able to sell the 13 for a good price, under 1000 miles so far, and 100 % stock, unmolested, fully loaded except for graphics.

Anyone else out there thinking to do the same?

If you sell it you will have to pay sales tax on the new one. And you just paid sales tax on the old one. Not sure what your tax rate is out there but here in NY, that would be a very expensive trade up, regardless of the depreciation issue. If I wanted a new color that bad I would just get a custom paint job done.

I will only (ever) get rid of my 2013 if there is a Raptor built off the upcoming redesigned F150 (supposedly with an 800 pound lighter aluminum body). To me, that sounds very interesting. A steel framed vehicle with an aluminum body would have a very low center of gravity. Fuel mileage would be much better. The truck would be faster. Etc.

OP
OP
R

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you sell it you will have to pay sales tax on the new one. And you just paid sales tax on the old one. Not sure what your tax rate is out there but here in NY, that would be a very expensive trade up, regardless of the depreciation issue. If I wanted a new color that bad I would just get a custom paint job done.

I will only (ever) get rid of my 2013 if there is a Raptor built off the upcoming redesigned F150 (supposedly with an 800 pound lighter aluminum body). To me, that sounds very interesting. A steel framed vehicle with an aluminum body would have a very low center of gravity. Fuel mileage would be much better. The truck would be faster. Etc.

Just thinking about it, first I will have to see what the price of the new one is, they may go up quite a bit in price. But I should be able to sell and not lose too much on the sales tax, 9 % here, because I bought if for close to invoice.

Richie_chi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Missouri where you get credit for the price of the vehicle you're selling toward the purchase of your new one as long as it within 180 days. So if I sell mine for 49,000 and buy a new one for say 50,000 I'd only pay tax on the 1,000 difference which would be like 80 bucks

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No! I'll have my 2013 until I can't drive anymore!!!

Now if I could just figure out how to get a second one!