AirAid CAI & Throttle Body Spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Mine is kinda the same set up but with the tube included.
I'm not really liking the fact of mine being open and sucking in all the warm air
and dust from the engine compartment. I wish I would have gone with the
Volant now and I do believe that the 6.2 vesion is in the making as well.
Someone had done some test in temperature between the fender air and air from the engine compartment and the difference was unreal. I believe it was an extra 50 deg. at one point.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
You have the Hennessey CAI(http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/62raptorintake.html)? I do not like it at all, there is no heat shield and it still uses part of the stock airbox. I check Volant's web site, I do not see anything yet.

No I have the AFE Stage 2 CAI with the Dry S filter. It's really not a true 100% cold air intake. I'm goint to try and make a top cover for it so it just
draws the air from the fender.

Is the throttle body spacer worth it??? Does it help any?

This I'm not sure of just heard a bunch of people complain about an annoying whistle and some did say they couldn't feel any power gain.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a ton of debate out there as to whether or not Throttle Body Spacers actually net you any HP on the dyno. I've seen some pretty researched arguments contending that they don't do jack-shit for power, but I'm not the right guy to ask. The only things that I can confirm they do are swirl air and whistle.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
The Airraid system is pretty much the same thing has "drop in high flow" filter in your stock intake box. So while not totally worthless, its not great because your still using the nasty, turbulent stock intake tube. Part of what the bigger HP gains you see with "true" CAI's is because of the smooth, free flowing tube you get that goes from filter to the throttle body....

As for TBS, they do net you HP, but its not enough for you to feel a difference. If you were to strap the truck to a dyno, you would get maybe a 2 or 3 HP gain. Nothing to shake a stick at, but a gain none the less. As for the noise, they do make noise during certain parts of the RPM range and how wide the throttle body is being opened. Think of a quiet turbo and thats the noise you'll get........

OP
OP
Batman

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am goin to go with a full CAI System when one comes out. I know Hennessey has one, but it still sucks all the hot engine air. I will probably not do the TBS cause of the whistle. I wish whoever has it could post up a video or audio of the whistle.